Monthly Advertisement from Quilter's Threads - Online Classes Offered, New Fabric Boathouse Panels From Norway

  • Diane Harman-Hoog
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      That time again to publish the ad for Quilter's Threads, the online store at
      http://www.quiltersthreads.com
      *************
      Take A Class, Make a Christmas Present - Sign Up

      classes this fall. Classes will start October 12. Sign ups are available
      immediately The classes are 4 weeks in length and will cost $40 each. These
      classes are designed for the quilter who wants to learn a new skill. Only 2
      more weeks to sign up! An added bonus is that you will have something that
      you can use for a Christmas present if you wish,
      The classes being offered this session are:
      Artistic Free Motion - Instructor Lynn Majidimehr
      Dyeing for Some Color - Fabric Dyeing 101 for Beginners - Instructor Cherie
      Ekholm
      Beginning Machine Applique- Instructor Kris Jacobsen
      Capturing the View in Fabric- Instructors Diane Harman-Hoog and Kathleen
      Headley
      Your First Quilt - Beginning Quiltmaking _ Instructor Diane Harman-Hoog

      I know that you will love all these classes. I learned to dye fabric from
      Cherie and what fun! Our goal as quilters is to make quilt addicts of
      everyone!! The first time I appliqued anything, I said never again. I cannot
      tell you how many applique projects I have made since that statement - maybe
      200. The first time I paper pieced, I said never again, that is now my
      standard way of piecing. The difference is learning the right ways to do it,
      alternative choices to try and shortcuts. so sign up with us and explore!
      *************
      Products We Sell

      Hand Quilting Thread
      Embellishments
      Beading Thread
      Silk Thread
      Superior Threads, YLI Threads Machine and Hand Needles
      Sulky Threads, Madeira, Aurifil Threads
      Madeira Blackcore Threads
      Specialty Hand Dyed Threads and Decorative Yarns
      Fusible, Water Soluble, Invisible Threads
      Stained Glass Panels
      Quilters' Note Cards
      Fusibles and Stabilizers
      All Kinds of Sewing Notions
      Wallhanging Patterns From Many Designers
      Clothing Patterns
      Silk Ribbons
      Foundation by the Yard
      AND LOTS MORE. CHECK US OUT

      ***************
      Beautiful Fabric Panels From Norway
      See our lovely new Norwegian Boathouse Panels. These beautiful fabric panels
      capture the beauty of the Norwegian boathouses. Photographed by Eldrid Førde
      Royset and originally printed from manipulated photographs onto a medium
      weight fabric, these panels have been commercially printed for us. These are
      suitable for inclusion in needlework (wall hanging, pillow, quilt) or framed
      as a lovely picture. Great Christmas gifts for travelers and for those of
      Scandinavian descent. A series of 6. Pictures posted at
      http://www.quiltersthreads.com , product available at
      http://www.quiltersthreads.com/gifts.html.

      ****************
      Our Grand Opening Coat and Jacket Contest winner

      The winner of our Grand Opening Coat Contest is Kathleen Lee. Her beautiful
      rendition of the Ultimate Jean Jacket is pictured here. She will receive a
      $100 gift certificate to use at http://www.quiltersthreads.com Pictures are
      on the home page there.

      ***************
      New Contest Coming
      A new contest will be announced in the next newsletter. I have received some
      beautiful printed fabric panels designed by Eldrid Førde Royset of
      Bremanger, Norway and the contest will offer prizes for the use of these
      wonderful panels that feature boathouse scenes from Norway. If you have ever
      been to Norway, or have relatives with roots in Scandinavia these panels
      will be highly prized for their beauty and for the memories they evoke.

      Diane

      Diane Harman-Hoog

      Quilter's Threads

      quilting and machine embroidery threads and notions

      http://www.quiltersthreads.com