New Member Intro and newbie question

  • drdhkahn
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Folks,

      I believe I forgot to post a new member inroduction. It is a little
      strange how I came to use EQ6. My wife and I live in New Jersey. For one
      reason or another I decided I would learn to quilt. I decided that my
      woodworking hobby was getting a little dangerous with some of the
      equipment I have and our house has 50,000 quilt books in it and so
      forth. My wife, Joann is a new "longarmer" and instead of me being in
      the basement with my woodworking, I decided to learn very quickly how to
      quilt. I actually made a nice 40" by 60" quilt from same sized blocks
      arranged with vertical stipes of 1960's looking tie dye wavy line
      colors, in such a way it looks as if the strips are woven like a
      baske-I'll put it on webshots when I take a picture of it. Anyway I
      designed a placemat style quilt on EQ6 and posted it and hopefully this
      link will work-

      To see the placemat click on this
      <http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558887518zpTAcm>

      My newbie question is-Other than selecting individual pieces of the
      placemat and printing out individual rotary cutting pages is there a way
      to select all the pieces of this placemat and print out one big master
      rotary cutting set of pages which states how many blocks of each, etc.
      like a pattern you get in the store? I did the lessons in the software
      manual and apparently am missing something here. I guess that if the
      placemat were made of different blocks, I could select the block and
      that would work but the placemat is like a big block.

      Please help. [:)]

      Thank you,

      Don

    • Betsy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Don! Congrats on using EQ6.

        You drew the placemat as one big block? if so, save your project
        (which i figired you did). have the file open. click on file, point
        to print and a drop menu will open. select rotary cutting
        instructions. then print! I might have missed a step in there
        somewhere, but idon't think so. you can also select to print
        a "block" which will print a picture of the block youdesigned.

        betsy
        illinois

        --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "drdhkahn" <drdhkahn@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > I believe I forgot to post a new member inroduction. It is a little
        > strange how I came to use EQ6. My wife and I live in New Jersey.
        For one
        > reason or another I decided I would learn to quilt. I decided that
        my
        > woodworking hobby was getting a little dangerous with some of the
        > equipment I have and our house has 50,000 quilt books in it and so
        > forth. My wife, Joann is a new "longarmer" and instead of me being
        in
        > the basement with my woodworking, I decided to learn very quickly
        how to
        > quilt. I actually made a nice 40" by 60" quilt from same sized
        blocks
        > arranged with vertical stipes of 1960's looking tie dye wavy line
        > colors, in such a way it looks as if the strips are woven like a
        > baske-I'll put it on webshots when I take a picture of it. Anyway I
        > designed a placemat style quilt on EQ6 and posted it and hopefully
        this
        > link will work-
        >
        > To see the placemat click on this
        > <http://good-times.webshots.com/album/558887518zpTAcm>
        >
        > My newbie question is-Other than selecting individual pieces of the
        > placemat and printing out individual rotary cutting pages is there
        a way
        > to select all the pieces of this placemat and print out one big
        master
        > rotary cutting set of pages which states how many blocks of each,
        etc.
        > like a pattern you get in the store? I did the lessons in the
        software
        > manual and apparently am missing something here. I guess that if the
        > placemat were made of different blocks, I could select the block and
        > that would work but the placemat is like a big block.
        >
        > Please help. [:)]
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Don

      • salliejean huber
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2007
          I made an album named "Salliejean's attempt". I designed this mini quilt in eq6, it is pieced and the on point squares in the border are appliqued. It measures 28 x 28. I know for some of you it is probably hohum stuff because you do such a fantastic job but I am learning and growing with eq and this group. Thanks everybody, I just had to show off a wee bit.

          Calamity Jane 19,1,0,422

          salliejean2002@...
          Elburn, Ill. USA
          May the wind be always at your back.
          May the sun shine warm upon your face.

        • Betsy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2007
            Hi Salliejean!

            I like your design! i think you did a fantastic job.

            betsy
            illinois
            --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, salliejean huber <salliejean2002@...>
            wrote:

            > I made an album named "Salliejean's attempt". I designed this mini
            quilt in eq6, it is pieced and the on point squares in the border are
            appliqued. It measures 28 x 28. I know for some of you it is
            probably hohum stuff because you do such a fantastic job but I am
            learning and growing with eq and this group. Thanks everybody, I
            just had to show off a wee bit.

            > Calamity Jane 19,1,0,422
            >
            > salliejean2002@...
            > Elburn, Ill. USA
            > May the wind be always at your back.
            > May the sun shine warm upon your face.

          • Rita Kelly
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2007
              That turned out very nice. Sad to say I haven't done nearly as much as I had hoped to do with EQ yet. Going on vacation soon and plan to play with it as I escape the in-laws. LOL

              Rita Kelly
              Buffalo, Minnesota

              When life throws you scraps, make quilts.

              salliejean2002@ yahoo.com

              Elburn, Ill. USA

              May the wind be always at your back.

              May the sun shine warm upon your face.