question

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2004
      Hi! I have been using EQ to resize/reproportion the American Jane
      pattern, French Pantry Baskets, to accommodate a wide scallop print
      that I want to use in the sashing that the baskets sit on. The
      sashing in the pattern is too narrow for it, so basically I've
      enlarged the baskets enough to be a good fit for the set size of the
      sashing. Here's the pattern (if the link stays unbroken):
      http://warehouseshops.com/catalog/itemdesc.asp?CartId=EVEREST-
      9004231HNQYM6357&ic=QWAJP118&cc=&tpc=

      I started with a diamond layout in EQ and inserted the baskets on
      pointe, like the original pattern. I'm just wondering if it's
      possible to "lop off" the bottom triangle of the basket block so that
      the EQ design matches the pattern. The pattern has eliminated the
      bottom triangle of the basket block so that the baskets are "sitting"
      directly on the sashing and it would be nice to be able to make the
      EQ version look the same if it's possible.

      I could post a photo of my layout if necessary, but hopefully I've
      been able to describe it so you can picture it.

      I don't know about anybody else, but it's simply exhausting trying to
      figure out EQ in the beginning and it gobbles up hours of time, but
      it's a lot of fun nevertheless. I've done several layouts, drawn
      some blocks, and printed out templates. I did an EQ design of the
      alternate block quilt blocks that I did this past year for the Little
      Quilts block of the month in Marietta GA, and it came in very, very
      handy in helping me to decide what to use for the sashing and border.

      Thanks so much for any help on my question, Karen
    • rosaliemc2001
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
        Hi All

        I finally got my laptop hooked up to the internet (yesterday) and activated EQ6 on it (today). Question - How do I transfer my EQ files from my desktop to my laptop? Shouldn't the files be there? I assumed they would be like a network, silly me.

        Thanks,
        Rosalie

        PS I'm really having a great time designing the quilts that I want to make. That doesn't mean there are many. So far only four and two of those were doubles, for twins - takes me a long time to make a quilt.
      • angelkruiser1
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
          --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "rosaliemc2001" <mcmenamins@...> wrote:

          I would probably save them to a disk and then read them in and resave them or just keep them stored. Not sure this is exactly what your looking for?
          Lindy

          How do I transfer my EQ files from my desktop to my laptop? Shouldn't the files be there? I assumed they would be like a network, silly me.

          > Rosalie
        • craftymailmanlady
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2009
            Unless you have your laptop and desktop hooked up to a home network (where any computer in your home can see the files on the other comptuers in your home), you will have to save your EQ files to removable media, such as a CD, USB stick, etc, and then take them from your desktop to your laptop, and save them on your laptop.

            Diane in Colorado Springs

            --- In EQ5_EQ6@yahoogroups.com, "rosaliemc2001" <mcmenamins@...> wrote:

            > Hi All
            >
            > I finally got my laptop hooked up to the internet (yesterday) and activated EQ6 on it (today). Question - How do I transfer my EQ files from my desktop to my laptop? Shouldn't the files be there? I assumed they would be like a network, silly me.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Rosalie
            >
            > PS I'm really having a great time designing the quilts that I want to make. That doesn't mean there are many. So far only four and two of those were doubles, for twins - takes me a long time to make a quilt.

          • bdmaja
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
              Hello, I received the Dear Jane Software for Christmas. Can I link this software program with EQ6

              Thanks,
              Nadine
            • Sheila Williams
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
                At 12/28/2011, you wrote:
                >Hello, I received the Dear Jane Software for Christmas.
                >Can I link this software program with EQ6
                >Thanks,
                >Nadine

                Hi Nadine,

                Congrats on receiving the Dear Jane Program.

                Yes, you can link your Dear Jane Software to your EQ6 Program.

                The instructions for linking to the lib folder in your Dear Jane Program can be
                found on Pages 136-137 in your User Manual.

                If you would prefer visual instructions go to the following link:

                http://www.sheilawilliams.com/faqs/Viewlet/EQ6HowTos.html

                Here you will find instructions on how to use the Auto Link and how to manually
                link to the libraries of add-on programs to EQ6 and EQ7.

                If you need any additional help let me know.

                ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
                "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!"
                Sheila Williams
                Computer and Quilting Software Consultant
                Temecula,CA
                mailto:donegan@...
                http://www.SheilaWilliams.com
              • Linden Dare
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
                  Dear Jane is a stand alone alone software - even if it does you probably won't need to link it because it does everything for you, you will love it if your making the Dear Jane.

                  Lindy embroidering, piecing quilts, machine quilting like all of you

                  ________________________________
                  From: Sheila Williams <donegan@...>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
                    At 12/28/2011, you wrote:
                    >Dear Jane is a stand alone alone software - even if it does you
                    >probably won't need to link it because it does everything for you,
                    >you will love it if your making the Dear Jane.

                    Hi Linden,

                    This is all true, but the cool thing about linking your Dear Jane to
                    your EQ program is you
                    will be able to:

                    1. Make changes to the block designs in your EQ Program
                    2. Add any of the over 200 Blocks to any project your are designing in EQ
                    3. EQ allows you to access more designer fabrics and you can link to
                    the Fabrics
                    that came with the Dear Jane Program with your EQ Program.

                    The winning feature for my students is the fact that they can make
                    changes to the block
                    designs in their EQ Programs.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 28, 2011
                      Thanks Sheila, I am still learning but I was a beginner when I started my DJ and I didn't want to confuse if she was a beginner.  I need to use mine more soon.  BTW - I love Calif -- I lived in Riverside for a while, but it was my first time away from mama -- now 42 years later.

                      From: Sheila Williams <donegan@...>