Re: [EQ5] EQ5 or 6 and the Mac

  • Karen Bennet
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 27, 2006
      Hi Jenny

      I don't know about the EQ5, but I'm fairly sure the EQ6 can only be used with windows XP operating system. If you have a look at the EQ website www.electricquilt.com you will be able to find out for sure.

      Kind regards
      Karen
      Aldinga Beach
      SA

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 28, 2006
        Hi
        I have a MacBook Pro and run EQ5 using Parallels to create a virtual
        Windows desktop. It works just like a Windows machine. Let me know if
        I can be of any other help
        Teresa Clark
      • DENISE SCHADE
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 28, 2006
          Hi, I envy you I bought my mac before the new ones came out. Since you
          can run windows it should work fine. Denise
          On Saturday, October 28, 2006, at 02:06 AM, Christine Abela wrote:

          > Hi Jenny. Welcome to the group.
          >
          > My understanding is that you can run EQ5 or EQ6 on a Mac if you are
          > running a software that simulates Windows. In the case of EQ6, it
          > needs to be simulating at least XP.

          > is a wonderful group too, especially for Mac users of EQ products.
          >
          > Not that we don't want you here too - you are all very welcome!
          >
          > Christine Abela
          > Gecko Gully http://www.geckogully.com
          > List owner

        • Christine Abela
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
            EQ6 can be used on a Mac if you also run software that makes your computer "look" like Windows XP, or later.

            Christine Abela
            Gecko Gully http://www.geckogully.com
          • Fishes
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
              Thanks Teresa. I need to talk to my son in law who knows these things.
              Cheers
              Jenny

              On 28/10/2006, at 5:53 PM, Teresa CLARK wrote:

              > Hi
              > I have a MacBook Pro and run EQ5 using Parallels to create a virtual
              > Windows desktop. It works just like a Windows machine. Let me know if
              > I can be of any other help
              > Teresa Clark

            • Fishes
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
                Thanks to Christine, Denise and Karen for your replies. You have been
                most helpful. I need to talk to my SIL who knows about the Mac - I
                know it can be done on my machine but not how :)
                Thanks
                Jenny Fish
                Bungendore NSW

                On 28/10/2006, at 4:06 PM, Christine Abela wrote:

                > Hi Jenny. Welcome to the group.
                >
                > My understanding is that you can run EQ5 or EQ6 on a Mac if you are
                > running a software that simulates Windows. In the case of EQ6, it
                > needs to be simulating at least XP.

                > This is a wonderful group too, especially for Mac users of EQ
                > products.
                >
                > Not that we don't want you here too - you are all very welcome!
                >
                > Christine Abela
                > Gecko Gully http://www.geckogully.com
                > List owner

              • quilter411
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2006
                  Hi Jenny
                  My Mac is several years old(at least 6) and I have used EQ on it. (Older version) But you
                  will need a software program called Virtual PC first. I don't know the current price. And I
                  don't know what operating system is on the newest VPC but EQ6 will need Win XP. The
                  program will be slower but not too bad. I have used VPC for many other things and it
                  works great. When I was in school I took a programming class that needed a PC and my
                  Virtual PC worked fine. The instructor couldn't believe I was programming on a Mac. I
                  have since purchased a PC to sit beside my Mac and now use EQ5 on the PC since the kids
                  are always on the Mac.

                  Susan

                  --- In EQ5@yahoogroups.com, "Jenny Fish" <thefishes@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  > I joined this group becauseI have decided that I need to buy this software but I have a
                  Mac
                  > laptop - one of the new breed released only a few months ago. Does anyone have
                  experience
                  > using this software on a Mac? Does it work and are there any particular problems?
                  > Thanks
                  > Jenny Fish
                  > Bungendore NSW

                • Fishes
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
                    Thanks so much Susan and others who have replied. I have asked my
                    wonderful SIL to tell me what I need to do if anything in the way of
                    installing extras to make EQ6 work. Next job is to order it - DH has
                    reluctantly agreed :)
                    Cheers
                    Jenny