6733Re: [Electric_Quilt] Block Sizes

  • Gwen & Dave Lundgren
    May 8, 2014
      9" is finished size, the size it will be in the finished quilt.  9 1/2" is unfinished as it still has the seam allowances showing.  So as you are designing you use 9" but then the seam allowances are added to the cutting instructions.

      On 5/8/2014 10:26 AM, Brenda Hare wrote:

      In EQ7, when we tell EQ that we want to create a block that is 9", for
      example, does that 9" include the 1/2" seam allowances, or does it not?

      I'm trying to calculate the number of 9" square blocks (9 1/2 inches
      finished) needed for a queen sized quilt.

      Thank you,
      Brenda

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic