Re: [ElecMotorControl] Induction Motors

  • Mohamed Salim T
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007
      The case will be similar to that of an open circuited rotor.......The current drawn will be less than the no-load current of the motor.No load current contains something for the rotosr loss also.In case of an open circuited rotor,the current drawn will be even less.I hope you are clear.Many people misunderstand that the motor will draw locked rotor current.IF you analyse the equalent circuit the case will be understood well....

      Mohamed salim.T

      May The Almighty bless u...

      What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated supply
      when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

    • karthikbarathy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 24, 2007

        > What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated
        supply
        > when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

        I THINK NOTHING HAPPEND
      • izishere
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
          --- In ElecMotorControl@yahoogroups.com, "benny06feb" <benny06feb@...>
          wrote:

          > What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated
          supply
          > when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

          when the rotor is removed ,thre willbe no induction from
          stator to rotor and nothing will happen . but the coil in the stator
          is given power and there willbe losses there...it will just be like
          secondary open and primary supplied in a ransformer...
        • raghava rao
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
            Dear all,

            With out rotor if stator energies it will draws abnormal current due to lack of back EMF, because it's magnetic circuit open. rotor removal means not only secondary opens in t/f,along that its core also gets open. that why, no back emf and draws huge magnetising current.
            CH.RAGHAVA RAO
            DGM (E&I)
            Essar Steels Ltd,
            09425591776.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007
              Yes it is absolutely correct.

              May The Almighty bless u...

              > What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated
              supply
              > when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

              when the rotor is removed ,thre willbe no induction from
              stator to rotor and nothing will happen . but the coil in the stator
              is given power and there willbe losses there...it will just be like
              secondary open and primary supplied in a ransformer.. .

            • mohsen
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
                Nothing will happen. But if you keep it for long time Stator Winding will
                burn out

                Mohsen

                _____

                What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated supply
                when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

              • uday rajkumar
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 27, 2007
                  Nothing happens, it means the stator acts as an inductor,

                  benny06feb <benny06feb@...> wrote: What happens to an Induction motor if it is connected to rated supply
                  when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.

                  K.Udaya Raj Kumar
                  Project Engineer
                  Non Ferrous materials Technology Development Centre(NFTDC)
                  Hyderabad.
                  +91-9949502484
                  kudayrk@...
                  kudayrk@...

                • ravindran272000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 27, 2007
                    --- In ElecMotorControl@yahoogroups.com, uday rajkumar <kudayrk@...>
                    wrote:

                    Nothing happens, it means the stator acts as an inductor,

                    > benny06feb <benny06feb@...> wrote: What happens to an
                    Induction motor if it is connected to rated supply
                    > when the rotor is removed? answer in detail theory please.
                    > It would be similar to transformer primary with secondary open
                    circuited.

                    > K.Udaya Raj Kumar
                    > Project Engineer
                    > Non Ferrous materials Technology Development Centre(NFTDC)
                    > Hyderabad.
                    > +91-9949502484
                    > kudayrk@...
                    > kudayrk@...

                  • raghava rao
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
                      Mr. UDAY,
                      Ur statement is wrong. it is nothing but as a air core inductor connect across supply. it will draw huge magnetising current and gets burn.
                      CH.RAGHAVA RAO
                      09425591776