TOURISM AND TRAVEL : INTERNET: SEARCH: TOOLS: Meet the Googles Tours Sicily

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      TOURISM AND TRAVEL :
      INTERNET: SEARCH: TOOLS:
      Meet the Googles Tours Sicily

      A travel writer for a very popular and high quality magazine asked on the
      History of Tourism discussion group for information regarding Convento dei
      Cappuccini. I sent this response to this person and to that list to both
      supply links that would find this type of information and to share with
      the members of this list the importance of meeting the Googles.

      ---------------------------------------

      You may find these leads worth exploring

      <http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Convento+
      dei+Cappuccini%22+and+%28touris%3F+OR+vacation%3F+OR+
      travel%3F%29&btnG=Search>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/4ku3ez>

      and even more this lead

      <http://books.google.com/books?tab=sp&sa=N&hl=en&lr=&q=%
      22Convento+dei+Cappuccini%22+and+(touris%3F+OR+vacation%
      3F+OR+travel%3F)&btnG=Search>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/47d7ec>

      If a picture is worth a thousand words:

      <http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&q=%22Convento%20dei%
      20Cappuccini%22%20and%20(touris%3F%20OR%
      20vacation%3F%20OR%20travel%3F)&sa=N&tab=pi>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/487j4f>

      But while cliches may not be news to you, this will be:

      http://news.google.com/archivesearch?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&
      tab=in&q=%22Convento+dei+Cappuccini%22+and+(touris%3F+OR+
      vacation%3F+OR+travel%3F)

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/3ugq77>

      Finds

      Sicilian Vespa - Italy - Europe - World - Travel - theage.com.au
      The Age - Nov 5, 2005
      These ones, in the Convento dei Cappuccini, had been dead a lot longer. ... and
      even the locals can't afford holidays here; travel agents advertise Thailand

      <http://www.theage.com.au/news/italy/
      sicilian-vespa/2005/11/03/1130823347447.html>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/46rhjg>

      You might even be able to stretch matters and listen to I Vespri Siciliani (The
      Sicilian Vespers) by Giuseppe Verdi, it may not help much, but it is a
      beautiful opera.

      To learn more about using Google effectively as a research tool, I invite folks
      to meet the Googles.

      Meet the Googles

      <http://www.google.com/search?q=%22meet+the+googles%22+and+%
      22net-gold%22&hl=en&rls=DAUS,DAUS:2006-11,DAUS:en&filter=0>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/52t9hj>

      --------------------------------------

      WEBBIB0809

      For those interested, the original post may be found publically archived
      here:

      <http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=
      H-Travel&month=0809&week=e&msg=V0JAPMqGUWz7EyGcQvc5Yw&user=&pw=>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://tinyurl.com/3kukgw>

      Sincerely,
      David Dillard
      Temple University
      (215) 204 - 4584
      jwne@...
      <http://daviddillard.businesscard2.com>
      Net-Gold
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
      <http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
      <http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
      <http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
      General Internet & Print Resources
      <http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet>
      <http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info>
      <http://guides.temple.edu/tourism>
      <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
      Educator-Gold
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
      K12ADMINLIFE
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
      Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
      <http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
      Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos

      <http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?18077>

      <http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?18078>

      <http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?42171>

      <http://world.nycsubway.org/perl/show?68142>