[Net-Gold] $1.5 Million for Women in U.S Politics Training Program - Harvard

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:15:46 EST
      From: xcschild@...
      To: Net-Gold@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Net-Gold] $1.5 Million for Women in U.S Politics Training Program
      - Harvard

      Kennedy School Receives $1.5 Million Gift from Barbara Lee
      to Endow Women in U.S. Politics Training Program

      CAMBRIDGE , MA At a time when women are ascending to the executive branch
      of government in countries such as Liberia, Germany, and Chile, Harvard's
      John F. Kennedy School of Government has announced a $1.5 million gift to
      endow the Barbara Lee Women in U.S. Politics Training Program and Lecture
      Series to train women for electoral office in the United States. This is
      a terrific opportunity at a crucial time. We at the Kennedy School are
      thankful for Barbara Lee's commitment to women in politics. By training
      our best and brightest students to develop the skills necessary to succeed
      in the electoral process, we seek to create a cadre of top-level women
      leaders from across the United States and the globe, who will run for
      office. We are proud that Barbara Lee has chosen the Kennedy School for
      this wonderful gift, said David T. Ellwood, dean of the Kennedy School.

      _http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/ksgnews/PressReleases/032106_blee_gift.htm_

      (http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/ksgnews/PressReleases/032106_blee_gift.htm)

      The entire article can be referenced at the above URL:

      Sincerely,
      Sue Fraser
      xcschild@...