TERRORISM : UNITED STATES: GOVERNMENT: FEDERAL: POLICIES: MSNBC's Keith Olbermann News Analysis of Bush Administration Handling of Terrorism Prior to 9/11

  • David P. Dillard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      TERRORISM :
      UNITED STATES: GOVERNMENT: FEDERAL: POLICIES:
      MSNBC's Keith Olbermann News Analysis of Bush Administration Handling of
      Terrorism Prior to 9/11

      Many thanks to

      JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501-Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
      http://www.cafecancun.com/bookarts

      http://www.newsroom-l.net/

      for sharing this link on Newsroom-L.

      This may not be the complete program but it does have substantial thought
      provoking content that will be of interest to many who view this message.
      The video recording of this program is found on Photobucket at the URL
      below.

      Olbermann on Bush Preparation for Terrorist Attack Prior to 9/11
      <http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/kos102/2006/01%20September/
      Videos/?action=view¤t=keith3.flv>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      http://snipurl.com/xq2p

      This is in sharp contrast to the falsification of history that took place
      in a so called docudrama broadcast by ABC and edited by them prior to
      broadcast to remove falsifications, but a very incomplete job aimed as a
      sop to try and reduce criticism, hence falsification of history by the
      admission of ABC which has eliminated the weblog they created for
      discussion of this "docudrama" by making it password protected.

      These are Net-Gold posts that discuss this docudrama which had some
      complicity in the activities of Scholastic Magazine before that
      publication withdrew its content aimed at supporting and expanding the
      docudrama's content among this nation's youths prior to its withdrawal and
      replacement with less controversial alternative content.

      15003 MEDIA: ISSUES : TELEVISION: PROGRAMS : SPORTS: TELEVISION: FOOTBALL:
      9/11 Docudrama Loses to NBC Sunday Night Football
      ... TELEVISION: PROGRAMS : SPORTS: TELEVISION: FOOTBALL: 9/11 Docudrama
      Loses to NBC Sunday Night Football At a time when NBC is bringing ... the
      movie Monday as an "egregious distortion." The so-called docudrama also
      divided the two chairmen of the commission that looked ... David P.
      Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 16, 2006
      10:18 am
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/15003>

      15002 MEDIA: ISSUES : TELEVISION: PROGRAMS : POLITICS: POLITICAL GROUPS:
      EXTREMIST: The 9/11 ABC Docudrama, ABC Management and Right Wing Roots
      MEDIA: ISSUES : TELEVISION: PROGRAMS : POLITICS: POLITICAL GROUPS:
      EXTREMIST: The 9/11 ABC Docudrama, ABC Management and Right Wing Roots
      Opinion ABC 9/11 Docudrama's Right-Wing Roots Max Blumenthal Mon Sep 11,
      6:28 PM ET Yahoo ... David P. Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 16, 2006
      9:18 am
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/15002>

      14994 HEY, Wait a Minute Fact-Checking ABC
      ... of protest from Democrats, and in particular former Clinton
      administration officials, ABC went ahead and aired its controversial
      docudrama The Path to 9/11 this week. The network did cut a few of the
      most inflammatory moments, but much of the disputed material remained ...
      BBracey@...
      bbracey3
      Sep 16, 2006
      6:29 am
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14994>

      14981 COPYRIGHT: ISSUES : POLITICAL PROPAGANDA: Disney and Copyright
      Extension, The Mouse and Rewriting History of Terrorism
      ... COPYRIGHT: ISSUES : POLITICAL PROPAGANDA: Disney and Copyright
      Extension, The Mouse and Rewriting History of Terrorism WEBBIB0607 ABC,
      Docudrama and 9/11 Fiction Coverage in Net-Gold This would then make
      Disney the parent of the controversial "Docudrama" about 9/11 aired ...
      David P. Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 15, 2006
      7:44 am
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14981>

      14945 The False Path to 9/11
      ... ABC bows to Bill & friends," the New York Daily News blared Monday.
      But that's only the latest media distortion of the dishonest docudrama
      "The Path to 9/11." As everyone knows by now, the two-part miniseries is
      an anti-Clinton hit job written by a conservative Iranian ...
      BBracey@...
      bbracey3
      Sep 12, 2006
      10:58 am
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14945>

      14938 TERRORISM : UNITED STATES: GOVERNMENT: FEDERAL: ACTIONS : MEDIA :
      TELEVISION: PROGRAMS : POLITICAL PROPAGANDA: The Hidden Agenda of ABC's
      The Path to 9/11
      ... jr/ the-hidden-agenda-of-abc_b_29150.html> A shorter URL for the above
      link: <http://snipurl.com/w9fz> Watching the three-hour "docudrama" on
      ABC, I was surprised that the news network of Jennings and Koppel would
      endorse the subliminal political agenda that threads ... David P. Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 11, 2006
      3:52 pm
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14938>

      14910 TERRORISM : MEDIA : TELEVISION: NETWORKS: PROGRAMMING: John Kerry
      Blasts ABC's Desperate Docudrama
      TERRORISM : MEDIA : TELEVISION: NETWORKS: PROGRAMMING: John Kerry Blasts
      ABC's Desperate Docudrama John Kerry Blasts ABC's Desperate Docudrama The
      Huffington Post September 9, 2006 by Taylor Marsh
      <http://www.huffingtonpost.com ... David P. Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 9, 2006
      12:42 pm
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14910>

      14909 TERRORISM : MEDIA : TELEVISION: NETWORKS: PROGRAMMING: Creating
      Fiction to Use As a Political Weapon Against the Democratic Party over a
      Tragic Terrorist Event by the American Broadcasting Company
      ... Editorial Sept. 7, 2006, 9:10PM Fabricating history ABC docudrama on
      9/11 jettisons accuracy in favor of fictional sensationalism ... Democrats
      continued to demand that ABC yank the two-night docudrama that former
      President Bill Clinton's spokesman called "despicable ... David P.
      Dillard
      jwne@...
      jwneastro
      Sep 9, 2006
      12:38 pm
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14909>

      14893 [Benton's Communications-related Headlines] September 8, 2006
      (Wiretaps; Indecency)
      ... removing from its website the materials originally created for
      classroom use in conjunction with the ABC Television Network docudrama,
      'The Path to 9/11,' scheduled to air on the ABC Television Network on
      September 10 and 11, 2006. A new classroom discussion ... BBracey@...
      bbracey3
      Sep 8, 2006
      12:17 pm
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/14893>

      Here is additional Keith Olbermann content pertinent to George W. Bush and
      his administration about the handling by that administration of terrorism.

      MSNBC
      Sept. 18, 2006 | 8:24 p.m. ET
      Bush owes us an apology
      <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14687895/>

      The President of the United States owes this country an apology.

      It will not be offered, of course.

      He does not realize its necessity.

      There are now none around him who would tell him or could.

      The last of them, it appears, was the very man whose letter provoked the
      President into the conduct, for which the apology is essential.

      An apology is this President's only hope of regaining the slightest
      measure of confidence, of what has been, for nearly two years, a clear
      majority of his people.

      Not "confidence" in his policies nor in his designs nor even in something
      as narrowly focused as which vision of torture shall prevail -- his, or
      that of the man who has sent him into apoplexy, Colin Powell.

      In a larger sense, the President needs to regain our confidence, that he
      has some basic understanding of what this country represents -- of what it
      must maintain if we are to defeat not only terrorists, but if we are also
      to defeat what is ever more increasingly apparent, as an attempt to
      re-define the way we live here, and what we mean, when we say the word
      "freedom."

      Because it is evident now that, if not its architect, this President
      intends to be the contractor, for this narrowing of the definition of
      freedom.

      Special investigation: Leading up to 9/11 Did Bush try to stop bin Laden
      in his first eight months in office?
      Countdown
      Updated: 5:05 p.m. ET Sept 28, 2006
      <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15046240>

      "Countdown" rises to Bill Clinton's challenge and assess President's Bush
      efforts to stop al Qaida in his first eight months in office.

      You can find the transcript below.

      OLBERMANN: In a sense, we are all still detainees in the wake of 9/11,
      but there is some unrest among the inmates. Being asked what steps he
      took to stop al Qaeda, President Clinton freeing many to ask what steps,
      if any, his successor took in the most critical time before the plot.

      Yesterday, President Bush declined to address Mr. Clintons remarks,
      saying, Weve already had the look back this and look back that. But if we
      are to look forward with any clarity, it is important to know the facts
      about where we have been and how we got where we are.

      Thus, tonight a special investigation. Mr. Clinton is not in office, Mr.
      Bush is. His policies determine how the U.S. fights al Qaeda, so it is
      important that we understand how he has done so in the past. Comparing
      the two presidents is valid, necessary, to illuminate the capacities of
      the office. Mr. Clinton said it plainly, he failed to get bin Laden. Mr.
      Bush has acknowledged no such failure.

      But while it has become conventional wisdom, although debunked by the 9/11
      report, that Mr. Clinton dropped an offer from Sudan to hand over bin
      Laden, it is rare to hear anyone discuss whether similar but real feelers
      were ever extended to Mr. Bush. And it is, we suspect, even more rare to
      see this tape of the Bush White House addressing reports of such feelers
      in February 2001, after the government knew al Qaeda had attacked the
      U.S.S. Cole.

      (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP, February 27, 2001)

      Olbermann to Bush, "Have you no sense of decency, sir?"
      You Tube
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYBCEoxlxI>

      Keith Olbermann DEMANDS Bush Apologize 9/18/06
      <http://youtube.com/watch?v=MfpNj60dUqA&mode=related&search=>

      Video: Olbermann traces Bush Admin's pre-9/11 actions
      David Edwards
      Published: Thursday September 28, 2006
      The Raw Story
      <http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/
      Video_Olbermann_Traces_Bush_Admins_Pre911_0928.html>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://snipurl.com/xq3m>

      Olbermann: 'The Nexus of politics and terror'
      David Edwards
      Published: Tuesday August 15, 2006
      The Raw Story
      <http://rawstory.com/news/2006/
      Olbermann_The_Nexus_of_politics_and_0815.html>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://snipurl.com/xq3n>

      Bush Owes Us an Apology
      By Keith Olbermann
      MSNBC Countdown
      Monday 18 September 2006
      <http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/091906Z.shtml>

      Bill Berkowitz
      WorkingForChange
      09.07.06
      Keith Olbermann's finest hour
      MSNBC talk show host takes on Rumsfeld and his reckless appeasement
      rhetoric
      <http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=21326>

      Keith Olbermann, "Who has left this hole in the ground?"
      <http://agonist.org/sean_paul_kelley/20060911/
      keith_olbermann_who_has_left_this_hole_in_the_ground>

      A shorter URL for the above link:

      <http://snipurl.com/xq3s>

      WEBBIB0607

      Sincerely,