shooting

  • mcginnfamily@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      From the Meto section of the Wednesday, September 5, 2007, Washington Post:

      3 Men Hurt in Reported Drive-By Shooting

      Three men were wounded last night in a reported drive-by shooting near North Capitol Street and Randolph Place NE, police said.

      The victims -- 18, 22 and a third whose age was not known -- were treated at Washington Hospital Center for injuries to the extremities that did not appear to be life-threatening. The three arrived at the hospital in a private vehicle shortly after 7 p.m., police said.

      Witnesses told police that three or four males in a car, possibly a charcoal gray Dodge Stratus, fired shots at the victims before speeding away. No arrests had been made last night.

    • Kris Hammond
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
        Thanks, Ted, for passing this on. Last night, I spoke with
        police officers who were setting up flood lights (at S Street
        N.E. rather than Randolph). I have placed calls to MPD for
        further updates.

        This Tuesday, September 11, the next police PSA 501 NW meeting
        with take place in conjunction with this month's Eckington Civic
        Association meeting at 6:30 p.m., at the Harry Thomas Rec
        Center.

        We are experimenting with this new joint-meeting format, thus
        the earlier starting time. I urge anyone concerned about the
        shootings on Seaton Place NW and North Capitol Street, as well
        as crime in the Hanover Place/N Street area, to attend this
        meeting.

        Kris

        --- mcginnfamily@... wrote:

        > From the Meto section of the Wednesday, September 5, 2007,
        > Washington Post:
        >
        > 3 Men Hurt in Reported Drive-By Shooting

        > Three men were wounded last night in a reported drive-by
        > shooting near North Capitol Street and Randolph Place NE,
        > police said.
        >
        > The victims -- 18, 22 and a third whose age was not known --
        > were treated at Washington Hospital Center for injuries to the
        > extremities that did not appear to be life-threatening. The
        > three arrived at the hospital in a private vehicle shortly
        > after 7 p.m., police said.
        >
        > Witnesses told police that three or four males in a car,
        > possibly a charcoal gray Dodge Stratus, fired shots at the
        > victims before speeding away. No arrests had been made last
        > night.

        Need a vacation? Get great deals
        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        http://travel.yahoo.com/