Shake your Bootys!

  • mgnthree@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2011
      Hey Eddie Events Members:

      Hope everyone is all right after your 5.8 magnitude earthquake.

      Any good stories?

      Out on the West Coast, the news media says you guys were "fleeing buildings in fear."

      Say it isn't so.

      Eddie Burke does not flee!

      :)
      Buffin.

    • Marilyn Tracey
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2011
        If I had felt it, I would have grabbed a cute guy and put a lip lock on him! :o)

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2011
          That's the spirit. Go out swinging!

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2011
            Hey,

            I was lucky did not feel the shock took walk about 2pm and I heard about when I came back
            I am in Melville NY the hotspot of LongIsland chucked caveman Hope al is well with Everyone.
            Marilyn you are a panic cave

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
              Hello Friends of Eddie Events,
              I was on the phone and felt the floor shaking for about 15 seconds.  It was a strange feeling.  Everyone was evacuated from our building until the "all clear" signal was sounded.  Most people in the northeast do not think much about tremors or seismic activity.  I had never experienced an earthquake before and our local paper said that it was the strongest quake in our area for 67 years.

              Hope that all are well.  Have a creeky day.

              Tom Burke
              People for Parks

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                I felt it pretty quick at my office, faster than most. Although I didn't put
                it tin quite those words, I did get a little queasy feeling in my gut.
                I knew right away what it was, I experienced another slight one with the
                Eddie in Hoboken around 1990.. Not sure if he remembers, we were standing in
                my kitchen and glasses were rattling.

                We were told at the hospital where I work that we all did the wrong thing.
                We went outside.. (I am in an older 2 story office building on the hospital
                campus.)

                Hospital policy is to "Defend in place".. I guess we have to stay and
                defend the files...
                Margaret

              • Edward.J.Tracey@valley.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                  --- Margaret wrote:
                  I knew right away what it was, I experienced another slight one with the
                  Eddie in Hoboken around 1990.. Not sure if he remembers, we were standing in
                  my kitchen and glasses were rattling.
                  --- end of quote ---

                  *** I do recall that day in Hoboken.

                  The other day's tremors did reach my area (was cited in the paper)
                  .... but I didn't notice it. May have been driving at the time; people who were
                  not inside a building seem less likely to have noticed.
                • Marilyn Tracey
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                    Who else is going to protect the files? LOL

                    I felt it pretty quick at my office, faster than most. Although I didn't put
                    it tin quite those words, I did get a little queasy feeling in my gut.
                    I knew right away what it was, I experienced another slight one with the
                    Eddie in Hoboken around 1990.. Not sure if he remembers, we were standing in
                    my kitchen and glasses were rattling.

                    We were told at the hospital where I work that we all did the wrong thing.
                    We went outside.. (I am in an older 2 story office building on the hospital
                    campus.)

                    Hospital policy is to "Defend in place".. I guess we have to stay and
                    defend the files...
                    Margaret
                    On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Burke Thomas <tjburke12206@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Hello Friends of Eddie Events,
                    > I was on the phone and felt the floor shaking for about 15 seconds.  It was
                    > a strange feeling.  Everyone was evacuated from our building until the "all
                    > clear" signal was sounded.  Most people in the northeast do not think
                    > much about tremors or seismic activity.  I had never experienced an
                    > earthquake before and our local paper said that it was the strongest quake
                    > in our area for 67 years.
                    >
                    > Hope that all are well.  Have a creeky day.
                    >
                    > Tom Burke
                    > People for Parks

                  • Plume, Barbara (OTDA)
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                      Also too, people on the throne don't notice it either. I came out of the Ladies' Room to the news that out building was swaying to an earthquake, which I did not notice.

                      I knew right away what it was, I experienced another slight one with the
                      Eddie in Hoboken around 1990.. Not sure if he remembers, we were standing in
                      my kitchen and glasses were rattling.
                      --- end of quote ---

                      *** I do recall that day in Hoboken.

                      The other day's tremors did reach my area (was cited in the paper)
                      .... but I didn't notice it. May have been driving at the time; people who were
                      not inside a building seem less likely to have noticed.

                      This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.

                    • FrankzAlot@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                        Ya know somewhere on the East coast some guy was makiin' love to his old
                        lady (maybe literally) and the earth shook. When it was over, he would have
                        said "I still got it bay bee."

                      • Grace

                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
                            Life is so Fine Baby ! When you find the key to ...........