From the rock-n-roll nostalgia page

  • Edward.J.Tracey@valley.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck set for album reunion
      Former bandmates 'making progess' on recording first LP together since the
      late-60s
      By Sean Michaels; The Guardian, Wednesday 2 February 2011 10.39 GMT
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/02/rod-stewart-jeff-beck/print

      For the first time since the late-60s, Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck are "inching"
      toward recording a new album together. "We're making progress," Stewart said.

      Stewart and Beck have not recorded an LP together in 40 years. The Jeff Beck
      Group's first two albums, "Truth" and "Beck-Ola", cemented the former Yardbird
      as a guitar god n and gave Stewart his big breakthrough. But the band broke up
      in 1969 on the eve of Woodstock, where they were scheduled to play, and
      Stewart's solo career soon went stratospheric. Apart from a one-off song in
      1985, the singer and guitarist have not recorded together since.

      It seems this is about to change. "Jeff and I had lunch together just before
      Christmas," Stewart recently told Rolling Stone. "He's going to record some
      tracks with his band in February in San Francisco and send them over to me, so
      we're making progress." While it is unclear if this is a solo project, a
      Beck/Stewart co-billing, or a Jeff Beck Group reunion, "they have some really
      clever things planned", said Stewart's manager, Arnold Stiefel. For the first
      time since 1998, Stewart plans to write new songs, and "it's mind-fucking
      stuff", Stiefel said.

      In 2004, the Jeff Beck Group reunited to rehearse for a Royal Albert Hall
      concert. Ron Wood played bass, Beck grabbed a guitar, Stewart took the mic, and
      "it sounded brilliant", Stewart said at the time. "We did Rock My Plimsoul and
      I Ain't Superstitious and everybody was glued to it. But Jeff phoned me two
      days later and said he didn't want to [perform together]."

      However, when Beck and Stewart performed together in Los Angeles, the guitarist
      seemed suddenly enthusiastic. "I'd have to turn the clock back 20 or 30 years,
      stylistically, to match what Rod does," he said. "Not that that is meant to be
      a derogatory statement. He loves the 60's. He loves blues. He loves old stuff."
      Hopefully that love of "old stuff" will create some new magic.
    • Plume, Barbara (OTDA)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        I've pretty much given up attending most nostalgia events. They're often depressing (and usually overpriced). Thanks, Ed.

[...]

        This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.