Fw: A Name Change

  • sunny314
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      From: Cindy
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 2:30 PM
      Subject: Fw: A Name Change

      A good looking man walked into an agent's office in Hollywood and

      said "I want to be a movie star." Tall, handsome and with experience

      on Broadway, he had the right credentials.

      The agent asked, "What's your name?"

      The guy said, "My name is Penis van Lesbian."

      The agent said, "Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into

      Hollywood, you are going to have to change your name."

      "I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old,

      I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever."

      The agent said, "Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years... you

      will NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I'm
      telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent
      you."

      "So be it! I guess we will not do business together" the guy said and he
      left the agent's office.

      FIVE YEARS LATER..... The agent opens an envelope sent to his office.
      Inside the envelope is a letter and a check for $50,000. The agent is
      awe-struck, who would possibly send him $50,000? He reads the letter
      enclosed...

      "Dear Sir, Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an
      actor in Hollywood, you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to
      make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never
      make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian.

      After I left your office, I thought about what you said. I decided you were
      right. I had to change my name. I had too much pride to return to your
      office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without
      changing my name, so the enclosed check is a token of my appreciation.

      Thank you for your advice..

      Sincerely,

      Dick van Dyke

      (I don't care who you are, that's funny.)

    • Plume, Barbara (OTDA)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Good one, Marilyn!!

        This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
          That is very funny! thanks for sharing