- .....to the first message from this site! As spring comes around, we'll have more usage for this site, I'm sure.
For those who aren't familiar with a Yahoo group, here's what you can do:
1) Post just one message, and all subscribers get it that day (or the next).
2) Click on "Calendar" - and you can actually post a party, hike or other upcoming
event. You can even arrange for one or two "reminders" to go out in advance,
and say how many days beforehand, etc. I have Bash Bish all set-up, now.
3) Click on "Photos" - and you can post photos of recent parties, creeking, any new
babies, group shots, you name it.
4) Click on "Files" and you can post directions to a certain event, a letter from some
member on vacation, etc.
5) There is also a "Chat" feature - not sure we'd need to have a regularly scheduled
one like some groups do. But for something like Bash Bish: if need be, we could
have a planning session in, say, a month or so. We could choose some night to
have it in advance (for example, a Wednesday night at 9:00 PM) where people
who want to go in on a cabin, or split the cost of a platform tent site, arrange a
ride, etc. One hour might make things easier, rather than call people one by one.
And there are other things you can do, also. For now, welcome again - and I hope
this will make communication across the miles just a bit easier.
To look at the site, go to - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EddieEvents
You can post a message two ways:
a) Go to the site and click on "Post"
b) Send an e-mail to this address: EddieEvents@yahoogroups.com