New member's first message to the group

  • moonbasegirl
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hi, everyone in EdBishopFans!

      My name is Sarah Palmer, I first noticed Ed as Straker in UFO in
      the late 1980s when it was re-run in the UK. Unbelievably, I only
      got internet access at the beginning of the year! I've had alot of
      catching up to do and admit to lurking awhile reading the archived
      posts on here and at SHADO.

      Last week I caught Ed by accident three times on UK cable TV. I've
      downloaded lists of his acting credits and even a quick perusal of
      the channels shows drama series that he has been in. My first
      question to the group is, does anyone use a UK TV guide that gives
      enough information to determine names of episodes, eg. The
      Professionals, to determine if they are the ones that Ed appears in?

      I recently got a copy of "The Complete Book of Gerry Anderson's
      UFO'. What I've found most interesting is quotes by the various
      artists. One in particular that has intrigued me was by the late
      Vladek Sheybal, in relation to Ed.

      I'm sure it would be a breach of copyright to quote verbatim here,
      but I'll try to paraphrase it. Vladek comments that Ed asked him
      what his feelings were about being an actor? Vladek says it is just
      work and his real life is at home, away from the cameras. Ed states
      the opposite, that his life "IS" his work.

      I hope I don't offend by saying I find this rather sad, if true.
      Does this mean he was/is a workaholic? Does anyone here have any
      views about this? I know it was said a long time ago, perhaps when
      Ed felt fairly ambitious about his career, seeing he was at the time
      the principal star of a major new TV series.

      Cheers for now,

      Sarah (UK)
    • trini jselle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2005
        Dear Sarah.

        I'm Katrina from London. Nice to hear from you. Just wanted to say
        welcome and that one of my
        hobbies is being a lifetime Movie/TV archivist. If you want any info or
        maybe just to chat you would be welcome dear.
        Yours, Trina xx