CESNUR 2006 Conference on New Religions

  • Jhanananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      CESNUR 2006 Conference on New Religions Hello friends, I have submitted a paper to the CESNUR 2006 Conference on New Religions, which will be held in San Diego, CA., July 13-16, 2006. The submitted paper is “The Witch Hunt Continues, the Oppression of the Ecstatic Contemplative in Contemporary U.S. American Culture.” The paper attempts to address the issues that are relevant to the ecstatic and charismatic contemplative.   (please see the details of the conference and URLs below:

      To attend this conference and deliver this paper I will require financial support.  To acquire funding I plan to write a grant proposal and submit it to various funding sources.  However, considering the track record of oppression of the ecstatic and charismatic contemplative in this culture, as well as in the three vehicles of Buddhism, it is rather unlikely the usual funding sources will support this venture.

      If you believe the issues of the ecstatic and charismatic contemplative and ending the marginalizing of the ecstatic and charismatic contemplative, are important to you, then please consider making a contribution to the GWV today.
      http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/support.html

      May we become peace,

      Bhikkhu Jhananda
      (Jeffrey S, Brooks)
      the Great Western Vehicle
      PO Box 41795
      Tucson, AZ 85717
      http://www.becomepeace.org/

      CESNUR (Center for Studies on New Religions)
      http://www.cesnur.org/default.htm

      LEGAL AND POLITICAL ISSUES
      The Witch Hunt Continues, the Oppression of the Ecstatic Contemplative in Contemporary U.S. American Culture - Jeffrey S. BROOKS (Tucson, Arizona)
      SESSION 10 [Room 2]
      http://www.cesnur.org/2006/sd_prg.htm

      The CESNUR 2006 Conference – San Diego (California) July 13-16, 2006
      REGISTRATION FORM
      Full package*, including all meals, banquet and field trip Euro 150
         Registration only (meals, banquet and field trip NOT included) Euro 100
      http://www.cesnur.org/2006/sd_reg.htm