Building a Joyful Home of the Way

  • Jhanananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2005
      Hello friends of the GWV. I have been waiting near Bishop, CA for someone to
      arrive who is interested in attending my winter retreat in Death Valley. He
      just arrived so, this is likely to be my last post for a week or two.

      Shortly after he arrived a dear friend who also leads wilderness retreats
      came to join us and we had a lovely conversation over lunch. During that
      conversation he happened to say that he had just heard of 20 acres of land
      that is surrounded by national forest and in an isolated canyon, but not far
      from Bishop. I recently camped exactly on the spot he spoke of and found it
      a truly wonderful place for meditation. My dear friend said the owner of the
      land was only asking $100,000 for it.

      I thought I would just put out to the GWV community that this might be an
      excellent opportunity to build a joyful home for jhana. If you are
      interested in considering supporting the emergence of a living western
      contemplative tradition, then perhaps this is your opportunity.

      Kindest regards, Jhanananda