New article posted to the GWV archive

  • Jhanananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Upon request I composed a critique of the teaching of jhana. That critique
      has been composed upon, but it is a bit too large to post here, so it has
      been posted to the GWV archives at this URL:

      A Critical Analysis of the teaching of Jhana
      http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/criticism/jhana_critique.htm

      MAHÂ-PARINIBBÂNA-SUTTANTA (DN 16)
      "The growth of the bhikkhus is to be expected, not their decline, so long as
      they Š(remain) favorable to meditative absorption (samadhi)Š²
      <http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/pali/tipitaka/2Sutta-Pitaka/1Digha-Nikay
      a/Digha2/16-mahaparinibbana-e2.htm>

      Jhanananda