The GWV Ecstatic Case Histories Archive

  • Jhanananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2005
      Hello friends, our goal at the Great Western Vehicle is to provide support
      for the contemplative who has arrived at some form of gnosis, or subjective
      spiritual expression. At this time it is understood that there is so very
      little known about these phenomena that most religions and meditation
      teachers completely disregard these phenomena, and those who experience
      them.

      It has thus been one of the central aspects of the Jhana Support Group to
      function as an archive of personal ecstatic experiences. And, the archive
      of the Jhana Support Group is most certainly full of these case histories.
      It is not, however, very accessible. I have been pondering a way by which
      we can organize these case histories and to make them more accessible for
      study. Thus I decided to set up a web page for archiving those personal
      contemplative bios.

      The purpose of gathering an archive of personal experiences with meditation
      phenomena is to first prove, by the sheer weight of an archive, that the
      phenomena occurs, and that there is a fair body of people who have these
      experiences. We would also like to be able to build a sufficiently large
      database of meditation phenomena from which we can begin to construct a
      model by which most, if not all, of these phenomena can be contained within.

      If you would like to submit your case history to the GWV Ecstatic Case
      Histories Archive, then all you need do is email us your personal bio. And,
      while constructing that bio, please keep in mind some of the questions that
      are listed at this URL:

      Questionnaire for GWV Ecstatic Case Histories Archive
      http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/questionnaire.htm

      Thank-you ever so much for your continued participation in the Jhana Support
      Group.

      May you dwell in the joyful home of the way (Di.t.thadhammasukhavihaaraa)

      Sotapanna Jhanananda (Jeffrey S. Brooks):

      the Great Western Vehicle
      http://www.greatwesternvehicle.org/index.html