stop star wars 6/10-12 rally; lobby days

  • Norman Cohen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      Apologies for duplicate postings, but this is very important. We need everyone down in DC both for 6/10 and for one or both of the lobby days,
      6/11-12.
      norm

      Kathy Crandall wrote:

      > JUNE 10-12, 2001
      > WASHINGTON, DC
      >
      > THE NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT PARTNERSHIP & PROJECT ABOLITION PRESENT:
      > STOP THE NEW ARMS RACE
      > CONGRESSIONAL EDUCATION DAYS & WHITE HOUSE RALLY
      >
      > WWW.DISARMAMENT.ORG
      > WWW.PROJECTABOLITION.ORG
      > WWW.DONTBLOWIT.ORG
      >
      > The Nuclear Disarmament Partnership, a joint effort of Peace Action, Peace
      > Links, Physicians for Social Responsibility, 20/20 Vision and Women's
      > Action for New Directions in conjunction with Project Abolition invite you
      > to come to Washington DC to tell policy makers to stop "Star Wars" National
      > Missile Defense, and to instead pursue nuclear disarmament measures leading
      > to the complete abolition of nuclear weapons.
      >
      > What, When, & Where...
      > Following the Rally with entertainment and arts in front of the White House
      > on Sunday afternoon, we will begin Monday morning, June 11 with a training
      > and briefing on Capitol Hill. We will be making visits to Congress on
      > Monday and Tuesday. Monday evening we will host an informal reception and
      > pizza party on the Hill.
      > Additional events, education and networking opportunities will occur on
      > Monday and Tuesday.
      >
      > Why join us?
      > This is your chance to make a difference and change our nation's nuclear
      > future. At this very crucial time, the Bush Administration is preparing to
      > announce its intention to deploy a National Missile Defense. This Cold War
      > nightmare will be a complex sea, land and space based system. In pursuit of
      > this new version of the Reagan Star Wars plan, they will tear up the ABM
      > Treaty, possibly provoking an arms race with Russia and China, while wasting
      > hundreds of billions of dollars. Participate in our Congressional Education
      > Days to declare your opposition to National Missile Defense and encourage
      > your elected officials to pursue disarmament measures including the complete
      > abolition of nuclear weapons. It is your turn to become a part of the
      > solution...let your voice be heard!
      >
      > How much will this experience cost?
      > A registration fee of $25 will cover the cost of training and pizza at the
      > Pizza Party. (Of course, there's no fee, or registration required to attend
      > the White House Rally.) You will be responsible for your travel, lodging and
      > food during your stay in DC. We will be happy to help make suggestions,
      > though you are ultimately responsible
      > for making your own arrangements.
      >
      > Please contact us as soon as possible to let us know you are planning
      > to come. We want to assist you in making travel and lodging plans and
      > work with you in scheduling meetings with your Senators and Member of
      > Congress.
      >
      > Activist Training and Congressional Education Days Registration
      > June 10-12, 2001 Washington, DC

> [...]

      Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer
      machine); ncohen12@... UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE: http://www.unplugsalem.org/ COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:
      http:/www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.
      "First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?" (Mary Chapin Carpenter)