Fwd: You Can Help! Get CNN to Cover Voting Fraud

  • a_cascadian
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      You Can Help! Get CNN to Cover Voting Fraud

      Please help with this experiment, invented by Katarina at
      http://www.dailykos.com/ and reported on Air America Radio's Majority
      Report:

      Objective: Cause CNN to give more news coverage to Voting Fraud
      How You can Help: Three Parts

      Step 1: Sign up for free CNN email alerts at
      http://www.cnn.com/youralerts/

      In a nutshell, the idea is this. CNN's website has a service where
      they provide e-mail alerts on various topics to their web "audience."
      These alerts are free, but you do have to go through a registration
      process to sign up for them. Once you've gone through the process,
      however, you can either subscribe to alerts based on CNN's
      pre-existing keywords, or you can custom design your own alerts using
      your own keywords.

      Step 2: Create your own Custom Alerts

      My idea is to encourage everyone who is interested in seeing more news
      coverage of the voting irregularities/voter suppression stories from
      Election 2004, to sign up for CNN news alerts utilitizing the
      following two customized keyword phrases:

      voting irregularities
      ohio election

      Step 3: Link to these CNN stories - maybe the Editor will take notice
      to higher traffic

      I've already tried searches with these two terms, and most of the
      relevant stories CNN has done in the past two weeks came up on one or
      the other of these searches. To improve the experiment further, it
      would be interesting if you linked to the news alert subscription page
      from the small box on the bottom right that appears on each news story
      page. Here's a good CNN story posted today to link from:

      Suit seeks new look at rejected Ohio ballots

      It doesn't hurt to give the story as many page views as possible, and
      it is possible CNN tracks from which news story someone linked to the
      news alert page. If they do, this would give the news alert you
      subscribe to extra impact.

      Or you can go straight to the link for Create Your Own CNN News Alert
      here.

      The important thing is to use the following two keyword phrases, so
      they show up with a higher frequency and maybe catch some editor's notice:

      voting irregularities
      ohio election

      Thank you for helping with this.

      Let the experiment begin...
    • benny
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        How to get CNN to report CNN's apparent bias:
        Step 1 - turn the tv off
        Step 2 - log off the CNN website
        Step 3 - take a deep breath
        Step 4 - let them wonder why their ratings plummet through the floor

        Ben