Witchcamp 2004

  • Ishtar - Wyld Goddess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2004
      New York Witchcamp - September 11th-18th, 2004

      Information and Online Registration available at www.wyldgoddess.com

      Come to Witchcamp!
      Join us for a weeklong intensive of magic, mystery and ritual. Allow the trance work, healing, drumming, dancing, chanting, storytelling, and energy to transform you. Journey into the heart of the mystery, guided by an ancient tale. Together we will build a loving container, within which a powerful, transformative energy builds through the week. Come make ritual. Dance and sing. Drum and trance. Share visions, dreams, healing, and fun. Come be part of the amazing spell that is Witchcamp.

      Stir the Cauldron!
      Come to Witchcamp, where women and men of all levels of experience engage in deep transformative magic. New to magic? You'll learn the basic skills of magic and ritual, elementals, movement, sound and myth within the Goddess Tradition. More experienced? You will deepen your craft, applying the tools of ritual to personal healing and empowerment, as well as taking the craft into the world. Come stew in the magic cauldron that is Witchcamp.

      Gaze into Mystery!

      What is a Typical Day at Camp Like?
      On a typical morning, where you may be a bit groggy after staying up way too late, you will join your fellow campers for a breakfast lovingly prepared by our kitchen-witches. Over the nutritious meal, you will spin friendships, new and old, reliving your previous day, sharing your experiences of path and ritual.
      Too soon breakfast must be left to a morning's focus on path work. Paths are weeklong classes led by teams of Reclaiming teachers. In path, teams of two or three Reclaiming teachers and smaller groups of campers work week long in an aspect of magic, deepening and intensifying its effect in their lives. Path's focused work can provide you new tools, new insights, healing, knowledge, and skills. Path work focuses attention and energy of witch camp toward personal growth and change.

      Lunch. Did we mention the magic cooked up by our kitchen-witches? Wonderful, healthy food will fill your bodies now hungry from Path's moving energy. Again you will meet and greet old and new friends sharing the wonder of your morning's working.

      Lunch finished the afternoon starts with a check-in circle giving campers a chance to check in with a small circle of new friends. In your check-in circle you will have a chance to process what can be the very intense work of camp. Each member of your check-in circle is given time and space to express themselves allowing each of you to share your experiences of camp, path, ritual and personal journey. Feeling held and safe you will knit tight warm relationship with this small group while processing and understanding the energy being moved within you.

      The rest of the afternoon is yours. You can swim in the pond, attend optional offerings such as drumming or tarot classes, or spend some quiet time alone. Campers are encouraged to make offerings of their skills. These can be classes, rituals, or other activities. Camper offerings can include pagan parenting, belly dancing, psychic skills, yoga, singing, voice projection in ritual, tarot readings, astrology readings, tea-leaf readings...you name it.

      We all gather for dinner in the evening. Once again our magnificent kitchen-witches work their delicious magic, filling where depleted and fortifying for the big magic that is the evening ritual. Over food, you once again get to follow threads of friendship woven by shared magical journey. Dinner and the evening ritual is often the time to be seen in our most fabulous ritual wear, so don't forget to pack your pagan finery. Glitter is ubiquitous and nearly essential.

      Each evening we come together and share another thread of the ancient tale that is woven into the tapestry of Witchcamp. Around the campfire we co-create music, sacred theater, ecstatic drumming and dancing. We come together to share an energetic ritual experience through which we reclaim our lives.
      Your personal experience of ritual may be one of sadness or revelation, anger or joy, or simply a new realization. Each person's experience of ritual is different though the container is shared. The rituals are always deep, never the same twice, and always magical.

      One evening's ritual will take the form of the now famous Witchcamp Talent Show. Here you can share the magic of your individual gifts. Singing, storytelling, pantomime, comedy, and many other individual gifts are stirred into the wonderful cauldron that is the talent show.

      After the evening ritual you can join the ecstatic drumming and dancing that often follows the raised energy of the ritual. Or a last cup of tea and a tasty treat may be your preferred way to end the day. Either way you will end your day moving still more energy with your fellow magical beings. Then again, later than you expected, you will fall exhausted into your bed where your dreams continue the magic weaving. Come be part of this magical journey

      Join in the Magic!

      What is Reclaiming?
      Reclaiming is a community of women and men working to unify spirit and politics. Our vision is rooted in the religion and magic of the Goddess -- the Immanent Life Force. We see our work as teaching and making magic -- the art of empowering each other and ourselves. In our classes, workshops, and public rituals, we train our voices, bodies, energy, intuition, and minds. We use the skills we learn to deepen our strength, both as individuals and as community, to voice our concerns about the world in which we live, and bring to birth a vision of a new culture. The Reclaiming Tradition began in the SF Bay Area with the magical work of Starhawk and the Reclaiming Collective.

      More Information and Online Registration available at www.wyldgoddess.com or call 646-250-3377