Re: [critical-mass] No More Planet-Killing Cars and Drivers???

  • AmaNoGawa
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2003
      Re: "Is Critical Mass is a viable form of protest
      at all?"

      #### #### ####

      essentially all the motorists here in Santa Monica,
      and Los Angeles, and Japan, New Zealand, and worldwide --
      drive in anger -- in hate -- in violence. and demonstrate
      that to the pedestrians and bicyclists they meet ...

      and kill every day.

      nevertheless, I find, that whether I am stepping in
      front of them to STOP THEM -- when crossing the road --
      or bicycling out in the middle of the lane -- again
      STOPPING THEM, SLOWING THEM, WAKING THEM UP TO THEIR
      VIOLENCE --

      whether I am stopping them with body or with bicycle --

      I find that HOW I STOP THEM is A RAINBOW SPECTRUM, A
      DANCE, ENCOMPASSING ALL THE EMOTIONS OF A WORLD OF
      CULTURE AND TRADITION!

      and ANGER OR JOY are but two colors in that rainbow.

      WHEN I AM SMILING, CONNECTING, LOVING -- EMBARASSED
      BY THE VIOLENCE OF THE SITUATION -- SAD AT THE UNHAPPY
      FEELINGS -- DEMONSTRATING BLISS AND ENLIGHTENMENT --
      AS THE SALVATION OF EARTH AND HER CREATURES IS MY ONLY
      AGENDA, MY ONLY NEED, OUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY --

      then the mindless ones, the hurting ones, the clone
      drivers will usually act in grace, in smiles, in love
      and recognition -- and to the confusion and embarassment
      that you have displayed in confronting our MUTUAL hurt --
      and they GROW AND CHANGE AND CONNECT IN THAT MOMENT.

      at the very least they confront their own confusion!

      and I see this every day.

      every day I see more people coming into Global
      Consciousness and Global love.

      because we have learned that lesson ourselves.

      peace is enlightenment,

      Millennium Twain

      now in our 157th day of global fasting
      for world peace ...

      http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/worldfast

      satyagraha -- fasting protest ...

      Gandhi named this concept of action: "satyagraha"
      (combining the Hindu words for "truth"
      and "holding firmly.")

      ..

      .