Starhawk at NYWC

  • Harvest
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2003
      Please forward . . . apologies for multiple postings.
      New York Witchcamp
      October 11th – 18th, 2003
      Located 2 hours outside of Manhattan (bus service available) in Rock Hill (Sullivan County), NY
      This Year’s Teachers
      Starhawk (author of The Spiral Dance),Donald L. Engstrom, Flame RosaNegra, Dawn Isidora, Todd Herriot, Selchie Amazon, Larry Savides, Laurel, Aerianna Tayerle, Tara Cox
      More Information and Online Registration available at http://www.wyldgoddess.net/
      Join us in a weeklong intensive of magic and ritual, Come be part of trance work, healing, drumming, dancing, chanting, storytelling, guided visualization and energy work. Come journey with us into the heart of the Goddess guided by an ancient tale.   Come be with us as we create together a loving safe container within which a powerful, transformative energy builds through the week. Come make ritual with us.  Dance and sing with us.  Drum and trance with us.  Share visions, dreams, healing, and fun with us.  Come be part of the amazing spell that is Witchcamp.
      Come to Witchcamp where women and men of all levels of experience work deep transformative magic. New to magic?  You’ll learn the basic skills of magic and ritual, working with the elements, movement, sound and the mythological and historical framework of the Goddess Tradition. More experienced?  You will deepen your craft, applying the tools of ritual to personal healing and empowerment.  Focus on taking the craft into the world, and learn to broaden your capabilities in creating public ritual, working with ongoing groups and healing issues surrounding leadership and power.  Come stew in the magic cauldron that is Witchcamp.
      This Year's Camp Paths
      Witchcraft 101 with Donald Engstrom and Laurel
      Reluctant Warrior/Healer: A Path in Magical Activism with  Starhawk and Selchie Amazon
      Journey to Earth: An Underworld Experience with Larry Savides and Tare Cox
      Embracing the Power of Sex with Todd Herriot and Dawn Isidora
      Sacred Creativity with Flame RosaNegra and Aerianna
      Our Camp Theme
      The Sacred Marriage of Ereshkigal and Nergal
      As a Feast of the Heavens was being prepared, Ereshkigal, Queen of the Underworld, sent a messenger to accept a gift for Her. All the Gods knelt before Her messenger but one; Nergal, the god of war. When questioned by Enki, he expressed his desire to descend into the Underworld and know the Queen of The Dark. After being given advice on protecting himself Nergal traveled down into the Land of Ancestral Memory, carrying a Throne. He tried to follow the counsel he'd been given but could not resist his heart's desire and made love to Ereshkigal. On the morning of the seventh day, after 6 days and nights together, Nergal left the Underworld. Ereshkigal grieved and sent a message to the heavens demanding Her right to choose Her Lover. Nergal descended once again to face Ereshkigal. They spent another 6 days and nights passionately making love. On the morning of the seventh day, Ereshkigal and Nergal accept the Gift of the Beloved they found in each other and agree to rule the Underworld of Judgment together for eternity.
      The story of the sacred marriage of Ereshkigal, Queen of the land of Ancestral Memory, to Nergal, the god of war poses many of the questions we face at this time in our lives. Many of us ask:How do we manifest Love Beyond All Reason when faced with war? This Love story from the birthing place of humanity weaves Time and Passion with the healing we receive and give while creating Peace.
      Camp Intention
      Working in both the mythological and physical realms with issues of war and peace, we come together to heal and be healed, to find and become the Beloved.
       For further information on New York Witchcamp please visit our website at www.wyldgoddess.net or
      call us at 646-250-3377 or email camp@...