Starhawk at NYWC

  • Harvest
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2003
      Message

      Please forward . . . apologies for multiple postings.

      New York Witchcamp October 11th – 18th, 2003

      Located 2 hours outside of Manhattan (bus service available) in Rock Hill (Sullivan County), NY

       This Year’s Teachers

      Starhawk (author of The Spiral Dance),Donald L. Engstrom, Flame RosaNegra, Dawn Isidora, Todd Herriot, Selchie Amazon, Larry Savides, Laurel, Aerianna Tayerle, Tara Cox

      More Information and Online Registration available at http://www.wyldgoddess.net/

      Join us in a weeklong intensive of magic and ritual, Come be part of trance work, healing, drumming, dancing, chanting, storytelling, guided visualization and energy work. Come journey with us into the heart of the Goddess guided by an ancient tale.   Come be with us as we create together a loving safe container within which a powerful, transformative energy builds through the week. Come make ritual with us.  Dance and sing with us.  Drum and trance with us.  Share visions, dreams, healing, and fun with us.  Come be part of the amazing spell that is Witchcamp.

      Come to Witchcamp where women and men of all levels of experience work deep transformative magic. New to magic?  You’ll learn the basic skills of magic and ritual, working with the elements, movement, sound and the mythological and historical framework of the Goddess Tradition. More experienced?  You will deepen your craft, applying the tools of ritual to personal healing and empowerment.  Focus on taking the craft into the world, and learn to broaden your capabilities in creating public ritual, working with ongoing groups and healing issues surrounding leadership and power.  Come stew in the magic cauldron that is Witchcamp.

      A Typical Day

      On a typical day you’ll be a big groggy after staying up way to late, you’ll join your fellow campers for an extraordinary breakfast prepared lovingly by our kitchen staff.  Over the amazing food you will spin friendships new and old reliving your previous day, sharing and processing your individual experience of path, affinity group, individual time and group ritual.

      Too soon breakfast must be left to a morning’s focus on path work.  Path: weeklong classes led by teams of Reclaiming teachers, focuses the energy of this intensive, targeting the magic more to your desires and skills. Different paths may aim at intense personal transformation, deepening one’s connection with the Earth, or discovering more about the elements of magic.  In path, teams of two or three Reclaiming teachers and smaller groups of campers work week long in an aspect of magic, deepening and intensifying its effect in their lives.  Path’s focused work can provide you new tools, new insights, healing, knowledge, and skills.  Path moves energy to your personal needs.

      Lunch.    Wonderful, healthy food will fill your bodies now hungry from Path’s moving energy.  Again you will meet and greet old and new friends sharing the wonder of your morning’s working.

      Lunch finished the afternoon starts with affinity groups giving campers a chance to check in with a small circle of new friends.  In your affinity group you will have a chance to process what can be the very intense work of camp.  Each member of your affinity group speaks and receives excellent attention allowing you to share your experience of the day.  Feeling held and safe you will knit tight warm relationship with this small group while processing and understanding the energy being moved within you.

      The rest of the afternoon is yours.  You can swim in the pond, attend optional offerings such as drumming or tarot classes, or spend some quiet time alone. Campers are encouraged to make offerings of their skills.  These can be classes, rituals, or other activities. Camper offerings include pagan parenting, belly dancing, psychic skills, yoga, singing, voice projection in ritual, tarot readings, astrology readings, tea-leaf readings...you name it.

      We all gather for dinner in the evening.  Once again our magnificent kitchen-witches work their healthy delicious magic, filling where depleted and fortifying for the big magic that is the evening ritual.  Over food, you once again get to follow threads of friendship woven by shared magical journey.  Dinner and the evening ritual is often the time to be seen in our most fabulous ritual wear, so don’t forget to pack your pagan finery.  Glitter is ubiquitous and nearly essential.

      Each evening we come together and all share another piece of the ancient tale that is woven into the tapestry that is Witchcamp.  Around the campfire we co-create music, sacred theater, ecstatic drumming and dancing. We come together to share an energetic ritual experience through which we reclaim our lives. Each person’s experience of the ritual is different though the container is shared.  Yours may be an experience of deep repressed sadness or anger, or a new realization or revelation may bring huge joy.  The ritual is always deep, never the same twice, and always magic.

      One evening’s ritual will take the form of the now famous Witchcamp Talent Show.  Here you can share the magic of individual capability.  Singing, telling of stories, pantomime, comedy, and many other individual gifts are stirred into the wonderful cauldron that is the talent show.

      After the evening ritual you can join the ecstatic drumming and dancing that often follows the raised energy of the ritual.  A last cup of tea and a treat may be your preferred end to the day.  Either way you will end your day moving still more energy with your fellow magical beings.  Then again, later than you expected, you will fall exhausted into your bed where your dreams continue the magic weaving.  Come be part of this shared magical journey.

      Price

      The price includes lodging, classes, rituals and meals. Private rooms w/bathrooms - $675.00, Shared Cabins - $650.00

       For further information on New York Witchcamp please visit our website at www.wyldgoddess.net or call us at 646-250-3377 or email camp@...

    • Harvest
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28 2:23 PM
[...]

        This Year's Camp Paths
        Witchcraft 101 with Donald Engstrom and Laurel
        Reluctant Warrior/Healer: A Path in Magical Activism with  Starhawk and Selchie Amazon
        Journey to Earth: An Underworld Experience with Larry Savides and Tare Cox
        Embracing the Power of Sex with Todd Herriot and Dawn Isidora
        Sacred Creativity with Flame RosaNegra and Aerianna

        Our Camp Theme
        The Sacred Marriage of Ereshkigal and Nergal
        As a Feast of the Heavens was being prepared, Ereshkigal, Queen of the Underworld, sent a messenger to accept a gift for Her. All the Gods knelt before Her messenger but one; Nergal, the god of war. When questioned by Enki, he expressed his desire to descend into the Underworld and know the Queen of The Dark. After being given advice on protecting himself Nergal traveled down into the Land of Ancestral Memory, carrying a Throne. He tried to follow the counsel he'd been given but could not resist his heart's desire and made love to Ereshkigal. On the morning of the seventh day, after 6 days and nights together, Nergal left the Underworld. Ereshkigal grieved and sent a message to the heavens demanding Her right to choose Her Lover. Nergal descended once again to face Ereshkigal. They spent another 6 days and nights passionately making love. On the morning of the seventh day, Ereshkigal and Nergal accept the Gift of the Beloved they found in each other and agree to rule the Underworld of Judgment together for eternity.
        The story of the sacred marriage of Ereshkigal, Queen of the land of Ancestral Memory, to Nergal, the god of war poses many of the questions we face at this time in our lives. Many of us ask:How do we manifest Love Beyond All Reason when faced with war? This Love story from the birthing place of humanity weaves Time and Passion with the healing we receive and give while creating Peace.

        Camp Intention
        Working in both the mythological and physical realms with issues of war and peace, we come together to heal and be healed, to find and become the Beloved.