Did anyone see "Brain Game"

  • thenavelbean
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      Hi Ecofeminists!

      I am new to the group so I will start by introducing myself. I am a
      28 year old, African-american vegan (rather rare, I should add!). I
      am deeply devoted to the philosophy of ecofeminism and committed to
      forwarding its principles in my everyday life.

      That said :), did anyone, see the CBS (I think) special this week
      called the "Brain Game?" It was all about alleged biological
      differences in the male and female brain, hence in male/female
      behavior, learning, etc. Of course, most of the researchers
      reiterated the usual sexist dogma... males are better at visual-
      spatial task, ie., math, sports, hunting, while women have better
      memories, better organization and interpersonal skills, communicate
      better, and are MUCH better at multi-tasking. (Does that translate
      to "we're smarter"?? :)

      Anyway, I think that whole show just reinforces the sexist oppression
      in our society by reinforcing that women don't go into certain
      professions b/c they don't have the "ability." However, one brave
      female biologist said even if there are differences in brain
      chemistry, she was doubtful, human behavior can NEVER be divorced
      from socialization.

      Any comments?

      The Navel Bean