Virus Alert: Descripton of one of virus

  • wolfsave@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2000
      A trojan virus is making the rounds on exe. (executable) files, and it's
      making the rounds from similar or familiar email list names. I guess some
      people were just born to be devious. So be careful when opening any
      executable files. I caugth two this morning with Norton Anti-virus, the
      source of the below information. (This is not a commercial plug!)

      W32.Plage.Worm

      Detected as: W32.Plage.Worm
      Aliases: I-Worm.W95.Plage.Worm, P2000, Plage2000
      Infection Length: 102,400 bytes
      Likelihood: Rare
      Detected on: Jan 13, 2000
      Characteristics: Worm

      Description

      W32.Plage.Worm is a memory resident worm discovered on Jan 13, 2000. The worm
      replies on MAPI32 and propagates by replying to unread email with the
      following message body.

      I'll try to reply as soon as possible.
      Take a look to the attachment and send
      me your opinion!
      > Get your FREE P2000 now! <

      The attachment has a file size of 102,400 bytes and will have one of the
      following filenames: pics.exe, images.exe, joke.exe, PsPGame.exe,
      news_doc.exe, hamster.exe, tamagotxi.exe, searchURL.exe, SETUP.EXE, Card.EXE,
      billgt.exe, midsong.exe, s3msong.exe, docs.exe, humor.exe, or fun.exe

      When the attachment is executed it will display the following dialog box: