Initiative to Form a Workers'/Community Cooperative

  • Im4wolf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2002
      Following is a communication which I will be circulating in the Eugene, Oregon area.

      You may want to consider doing something similar in your local and regional communities:

      Initiative to Form a Workers'/Community Cooperative

      To all interested persons and parties (workers and existing businesses):

      Seeking to form a local/regional workers'/community development organization

      based on the principles of:

      ecology
      sustainability

      cooperation (economic democracy)

      equity

      community stewardship

      conservation

      peace and tranquility

      sufficiency

      production and access to essential goods and services

      primacy of the pedestrian

      economy and humanity of scale

      risk diversification

      life long education

      If you have interests and/or skills related to cooperative enterprise related to community improvement such as housing and neighborhood (re)development, food production and distribution systems, reduction, reuse, reuse and recycling, transportation issues, inter and intra-neighborhood cooperation, etc.:

      Please contact me:

      Mike Morin mikemorin@...

      (541) 683-5482

      For related information you can look at:
      http://www.yahoogroups/group/Reg_Coop_Comm_Dev and

      http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/Ecological-Food-Systems