Re: [EcoFeminism] Republicans taking over NY Green Party

  • Mona Twocats
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2001
      Pardon my ignorance, but I have a question that I've been pondering for a
      few weeks now. How can one (specifically me) find out the names and/or
      addresses of who is registered green in their locale? Is that confidential
      information.

      I've always thought it must be available somewhere, because I know that
      candidates target certain groups and they get the info on this from someone.

      If anyone can assist me on this, please do so.

      thanks,
      mona

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2001
        In a message dated 8/8/2001 7:30:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        mona2cats@... writes:

        <<<Pardon my ignorance, but I have a question that I've been pondering for a
        few weeks now.  How can one (specifically me) find out the names and/or
        addresses of who is registered green in their locale?  Is that confidential
        information.>>>
        This information at the county registrar of voters in most places.  You can
        look up individual names at no cost, usually.   If you want the county's
        list of party members, you'll probably need to pay.  It's a few bucks, and
        you can get it on CD rom in some places.  Also, Green Party membership does
        not necessarily annoint one a "Green."  I'll bet there are millions of
        Greens in this county that do not know they are "Green."  I was one of
        those folks until I read an article about the
        German Greens; then I knew to my shock where I belonged, but I would be
        "Green" with or without the party, as in those days we had no party.

        Regards,
        Ed Evans   www.GreenInformation.com