What's really going on with oil?

  • elevans@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2001
      This is a long, worthwhile article worth reading and studying.  It's found in
      its in complete form at
      http://www.greeninformation.com/ARTICLEREALLYG0INGON.htm
      Sorry for the duplicate posts -- it's a time issue.  Do read and pass this
      around.

      <<[Once again, here is what is REALLY going on, by Colin Campbell at:

      http://energycrisis.org/de/lecture.html

      Boycotting the oil companies may feel good but will never bring cheaper
      gas.
      its part of the human nature of addiction to be in denial and blame
      others,
      who may be guilty, but the real problem lies deeper. It takes a LOT of
      mean class struggle politics to resolve unresolvable problems, and the
      Dems smell blood.

      But what happens when every oil exec has been lynched and oil prices
      still rise? Why can't we blame the packaged lifestyle promoted by corporate
      expansionism or the oil companies for lying to us about reserves and
      promoting our addiction? Who says humans are rational?]>>
      Regards,
      Ed Evans
      Green Information  at  http://www.GreenInformation.Com
      ". . . . after the last fish has been caught, Only then will you find that
      money cannot be eaten." Cree
      Indian Prophecy
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2001
        We can easily specify what it takes to get beyond boycotts and putting out
        little fires. It takes across the board severing of the ties between
        government and commercial interests. People would be surprised to learn
        just how much unsustainable machinery of our society has come from that
        unholy collusion through history.

        --paul, webmaster http://globalcircle.net
        networking for ecology, justice, and all our relations