From a.r.e. - a genuine question to detractors

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hello all,

      this was posted today on a.r.e. - quite an interesting topic I
      think ...

      Happy 2006 to all posters,
      Ingrid

      **************************************
      A genuine question to detractors.
      by "Brian Fletcher" <brianf88@[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Jan 2, 2006 at
      01:04 PM

      To those of you who joined and left, were you disappointed that you
      didn't
      experience what you expected?

      If you believe the whole org is/was a sham, do you believe there is
      such a

      state of enlightenment achievable in this life?

      If so, how do you expect it to happen?

      If not, what beliefs (not labels per se) do you feel strongly about.
      Would

      you describe your affinity as belief, or based on an epiphany?

      Asked in the spirit of (hopefully) constructive dialogue.

      Brian

      **************************************
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Many Eckists including those posting on A.R.E., ChelaChat, and HU-
        Chat are desperate for logical and truthful answers to all of the
        contradictions found in Eckankar's dogma. I'll give a brief response
        to Brian's questions further down in this post. However, I'm not so
        sure that those who point out the lies and share the truth about
        Eckankar should be labeled as "detractors."

        I know that Klemp and Company don't like groups like ESA because an
        informed public is more wary of scams and cults. However, Klemp
        himself is the real reason for the decrease in membership (fees or
        donations) caused by word getting out about the workings and
        behaviour of the e-cult. An increase in the dropout rate for all
        religions is high and that is because they have nothing of real
        value to give their members. And, I'm sure that the membership
        decline for Eckankar also affects market share through a related
        decline material sales as well. Money is the real bottom line with
        any business and/or religion.

        ctecvie wrote:

        Hello all,
        this was posted today on a.r.e. - quite an interesting topic I
        think ...

        Happy 2006 to all posters,

        A genuine question to detractors.
        by "Brian Fletcher" <brianf88@[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Jan 2, 2006 at
        01:04 PM

        [Q] To those of you who joined and left, were you disappointed that
        you didn't experience what you expected?

        [A] Yes and No. Yes, I was disappointed to discover that there are
        two very different groups of Eckists and that both groups have
        people who have very high initiations. This showed me that the
        initiations were both political and according to time served. No, I
        was not disappointed as long as I believed the lies and distortions.

        [Q] If you believe the whole org is/was a sham, do you believe there
        is such a state of enlightenment achievable in this life?

        [A] Actually, I know that Eckankar is a "scam." I see it, know it
        and understand it for what it is. One has to remember and realize
        why we were attracted to Eckankar in the first place. We are/were
        spiritual seekers looking for answers from those who appeared, at
        first glance, to know more than us. Unfortunately, we stopped
        questioning (law of silence) and thinking for ourselves as we bought
        into more and more of the Eck speak and ideology.

        But, back to the answer... IMO Consciousness naturally expands
        through degrees of enlightenment that bring forth clarity as it
        shifts with our focus of perception.

        [Q] If so, how do you expect it to happen?

        [A] In degrees. It requires the Spiritual Freedom from all
        attachments including those that bind Soul to dogma, guidelines,
        hierarchies and fear.

        [Q] If not, what beliefs (not labels per se) do you feel strongly
        about. Would you describe your affinity as belief, or based on an
        epiphany?

        [A] N/A However, I must say that Eckankar prints stories based on
        epiphanies as proof of its validity. Even at that, however, only
        half of those stories are true! I happen to know that many are
        embellishments, distortions, or completely false as to trick the
        Kal. A negative (lie) against a negative (the Kal) equals a positive
        (Eck membership)! So, it's all good!

        I will also add that I enjoy epiphanies. Sometimes they are just not
        bursts and last much longer and come more often since leaving
        Eckankar. But, the lack of that stress involving initiation,
        trainings, local duties and vahana work is really sweet! Try it some
        time!

        Asked in the spirit of (hopefully) constructive dialogue.
        Brian

        Me: Actually, I don't really want to attempt a dialogue with an
        Eckist. Been there done that. You see, I've been where they are now,
        however, they cannot be "here" where I am now. Therefore, how can
        there be a real dialogue?

        Prometheus
        p.s. Thanks for the post Ingrid. Have a Happy and Wonderful 2006!