An e-card ... Pop The Cork! No Zoas Zone!

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Mish... this is a cool e-card!

      Yes! We can pop the cork on the Champagne tonight and Not feel
      guilty for breaking the First of the 4 Zoas! Actually, I wonder how
      many H.I.s usually make the exception to the "law" in celebration of
      the real New Year versus Twitchell's birthday and Eckankar's
      spiritual new year of October 22. I know that many European H.I.s
      would drink alcohol for toasts with family and friends during the
      holidays... even RESAs!

      Isn't it strange, though, that on Twitchell's birthday (October 22)
      is when the Rod of Eck Power (and power of the Mahanta Consciousness)
      is given to the new LEM?! Why has this been done throughout
      Eck "history" for all LEMs on Twitchell's birthday of October 22?

      Or, was it that "Peddar" planned to incarnate on that particular
      date and that is why this historical date "also" became his B-Day!
      If so, then why didn't the greater "Z" do the same?! <sigh>

      Or, could it be that maybe, perhaps, is it possible, could it
      happen, and isn't it more than likely that the good old "rascal"
      Paul Twitchell just made it all up and gave himself the title of
      LEM/Mahanta and created the "transfer" date of October 22 as a joke,
      or as a tribute to himself? Hmmmmm It does seem possible doesn't it?

      Well, if this one point (the date of the ECK New Year) was just a
      creation of Twitchell then what else is a distortion and lie? Could
      this be the tip of the iceberg? However, it is just simple logic and
      not a stretch of the imagination to see that more fiction is
      possible and even likely. How much fiction is still palatable for
      most Eckists... what does it have to smell like before we trow it
      out? That next initiation won't be turning a lie into truth...
      unless one has become an Eck "Z"ombie!

      Actually, seeing through the scam of Twitchell doesn't really
      require faith or even trust in another person's words as being true.
      It just requires an open mind which can still reason and look at
      correlations and possibilities while also using some common sense.
      October 22 is used as the date for the ECK Spiritual New Year and
      transfer date of the Rod of ECK Power because this is Paul
      Twitchell's birthday, and because Twitchell created Eckankar!

      So you see... it's okay to have a glass of Champagne if you want!
      After all... what is true Spiritual Freedom if you follow anyone
      else's rules except Your own!

      Happy New Year!

      Prometheus

      mishmisha wrote: