Re: David Icke--New Age/Conspiracy Theorist

    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2005
      Hi, All and Thanks, Prometheus!

      The main reason I have posted these messages is to suggest the
      responsibility that we each have in discerning and checking out
      various information sources. I would venture that we all know better
      than to believe everything we hear on TV or obtain from other mass
      media sources; however, just because alternative news/information
      sources are marching to a different drum beat, it doesn't mean that
      this information is better or more truthful.

      Cassiopaea, TRANCEformaton of America, David Icke and others are not
      providing truth--they are only presenting lies and half-truths along
      with personal agendas that are masqueraded as a social and political
      truth. They are distractions/tests.

      Higher spiritual truth can only be found when ego is set aside and
      the inner and outer worlds can be viewed through the clear vision of
      Soul/God awareness.

      For me and many of us, the quest or journey for Higher Truth is in
      and of itself the goal. But then again, I'm not telling any of you
      out there anything new. : )

      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Mish,
      >
      > Very interesting post... once again I'll have to check out some of
      > the sites you have listed.
      >
      > As far as Icke goes... if a famous person would say that he or
      she
      > believed that Dubya (G.W.) was a snake... would that be proof that
      > he was a reptilian?
      >
      > I've noticed that Betty and Mario over on Ford's HCS are big David
      > Icke fans. Doesn't Ford ever check out these people or the sites
      > that B&M endorse? Is there no sense of responsibility on Ford's
      part?

      > On another note... I've heard Betty H. make comments about
      believing
      > The Protocols of the Elders of Zion were true. So, I guess she
      > bought into the David Icke stuff. I remember that this story was
      on
      > the History Channel and it was pointed out there how Henry Ford
      had
      > been duped.
      >
      > I found an interesting book by another Hawkins. This book is
      > titled, "Reality and Subjectivity" by David R. Hawkins, M.D.,
      Ph.D.
> [...]
      > > there is argument about whether what he theorizes has merit or
      if
      > he
      > > is just a plain "nut" case.
      > >
      > > Icke believes the origin of the Illuminati is extraterrestrial--
      > his
      > > proof: He is "contacted regularly with messages from beyond by
      > alien
      > > lizards." (Skeptic.com) His book, "The Biggest Secret: The Book
      > That
      > > Will Change the World," written and published in 1999, discusses
      > his
      > > belief that "the planet was being run by a New World Order
      > > controlled
      > > by a race of reptilian humanoids called the 'Babylonian
      > > Brotherhood.'"
      > > (encyclopedia.lockergnome.com)He believes that many prominent
      > people
      > > and "practically every world leader, including Queen Elizabeth
      and
      > > several of our U.S. presidents are either reptilian or work for
      > the
      > > reptiles. He bases, in part, this belief in statements he claims
      > > made
      > > my the late Princess Diana when she referred to the British
      royal
      > > family as being lizards, and also from Cathy O'Brian in
      > > TRANCEformation of America when she claims that George Bush, Sr.
      > was
      > > an alien reptile. O'Brian claims that Bush is a paedophile and
      > > serial
      > > killer, etc. She says she saw Bush transform "like chameleon
      into
      > > reptile." Icke says he knows other people who have seen this
      too.
      > In
      > > my previous post, I said that many people dismiss the
      > > Phillips/O'Brian's story about Mind Control because they offer
      no
      > > proof to substantiate what they claim. My question concerning
      the
      > > validity of Icke's conspiracy theories is this for one: why does
      > he
      > > readily accept what is written in "TRANCEformation of America"
      > when
      > > Phillips and O'Brian do not come forth with their evidence?
      > > Supposedly
      > > O'Brian's back is a mass of scars from the torture inflicted on
      > her--
      > > yet she does not show her scars. That would be simple enough for
      > > beginning proof of their allegations and story.
      > >
      > > Icke was a former member of The Green Party, but they have
      > dismissed
      > > association with him since he began his book writings on the
      > > Illuminati. I also read where he was a member of the British Neo-
      > > Nazis. There is criticism that he is anti-Semitic in his views.
      > This
      > > stems in part from his endorsement of "The Protocols of the
      Elders
> [...]
      late
      > > Jim
      > > Keith, Icke lacks the finely honed analytical skills required to
      > > discrimniate between credible and delusional sources." (i.e.
      > > Phillips
      > > and O'Brian for one)
      > >
      > > At one time, I was briefly interested in reading a couple of
      > Icke's
      > > books, but when I did some researching, some of which I am
      sharing
      > > here, I backed away from spending my time and money on him. I
      was
      > > criticized for not being "open." : ) I took a brief look this
      > > morning
      > > at some of his books that are for sale on Amazon.com. I notice
      > that
      > > the prices have dropped from their original $30.00 (no discount)
      > > about
      > > 30% off. Well, that is more appealing, but I still view his
      writing
      > > as
      > > a waste of time--MPO. What I also noticed was a lack of editorial
      > > book
      > > reviews by Amazon, even though there are several posted by
      readers
      > > of
      > > Icke's books. I thought that was odd. I'm not sure if that means
      > > anything, but it seems no one at Amazon has taken the time to
      > review
      > > the books, and perhaps have not read them????
      > >
      > > I will list some of the internet sites I visited in researching
      > > David
      > > Icke in case you are interested in delving more. Of course, just
      > > googling pulls up a lot of pros and cons. I admit that my
      > > perspective
      > > is negative, even though, the general premise of conspiracies I
      do
      > > not
      > > disagree with. I recognize that conspiracies do take place on
      both
      > > large and small scale events. They are always happening, from
      the
      > > beginning of time. I question though the validity of the
      > > Illuminati/Power Elite theories in that it is so broad-ranged
      and
      > > powerful. I can't believe either that most prominent people are
      > > members of this secret society or puppets being pulled by
      strings.
      > > Well, enough of that--my personal opinions!
      > >
      > > http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id330/pg1/
      > >
      > > http://www.davidicke.com/icke/articles/bsecret.html
      > >
      > > http://www.rightwingnews.com/crackpots/reptile.php
      > >
      > > http://www.encyclopeida.lockergnome.com/s/b/David_Icke
      > >
      > > http://www.nndb.com/people/455/000022389/
      > >
      > > http://www.pubiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm
      > >
      > > http://www.masonicinfo.com/icke.htm
      > >
      > > I can't resist a final quote from the Right Wing News
      > entitled "The
      > > Greys Are Mutants From Atlantis Who Bred With Lizards And
      Survived