Re: ZOHAR AND SEPHER more Eck fiction by Twitchell

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi, Freefrom and All!

      Good posts on this topic. Freefrom, you have really stated it
      succinctly and zoned in on the key reasons people are drawn into
      such deceptions as in Eckankar!

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom"
      <eckchains@y...> wrote:

      > LOL Yes, I agree. It's the old, it's too absurd to be true, so
      > therefore it must be true! How could someone have made all of this
      > stuff up? No one would be so dishonest as to just make all of this
      > stuff up, right? Wrong. Let's face it, the ability to lie and
      act "as if" is a very human trait.

      Mish: It's called being creative and imaginative! LOL! Dreams are
      real, etc. Dreams can be real, but yet we must discern and
      discriminate in figuring out what is garbage and what is not.
      Eckists seem to want to "live" their dreams, and will make decisions
      solely based on what they "perceive" on the inner. Well, one must be
      careful here . . .
      The problem with falling for dishonest people's spills is that we
      want to believe that people are truthful and honest at heart and
      would not be out to take advantage of us or cause us harm. A person
      like PT probably thought that his lies would not be that harmful
      (criminal) to those he duped, so why not? Big lie vs. little lie;
      big harm vs. little harm--and of course, if people are dumb/foolish
      enough to believe this crap, well why not--it is the listener's
      responsibility to not be deceived, etc.

      Many eckists justify continuing with the false teachings of eckankar
      because they feel that they are benefiting from the teachings,
      regardless of the lies and deceptions. How often do we hear that a
      person learned so many valuable things while in eckankar; therefore,
      it is just fine to continue misleading individuals? the end
      justifies the means--but isn't this exactly the way people are
      manipulated and controlled? This is what keeps eckists in the org!
      They settle for imperfection while searching for spiritual truths
      and enlightenment--but the imperfections actually doom attaining the
      goal! How can one find spiritual truth when one is basing it on lies?

      I think Harold Klemp uses all of the above to continue the lies and
      deceptions. And many eckists believe that Harold lives a humble
      life, and fail to realize that he is reaping the wealth with a very
      nicely secured bank account and investments, and I'm sure he does
      live much better than he suggests in his talks. Why does he do this?
      To deceive and to encourage his chelas to live solely for the
      mahanta in order to continue to give and give! Some individuals
      believe that possessing the material or living too comfortably gets
      in the way of spiritual growth--this seems to be taught in eckankar.
      The poorer you are, the more evolved you are?? This is still another
      lie aimed at duping individuals to stay on the path. Picture Harold
      as a Clark Kent type who turns into Superman. Underneath those
      polyester suits and cheap ties, there is a different animal in
      different clothes. Of course, I don't mean that he is a "good"
      superman! : )

      Freefrom: "It takes guts and courage to be honest."

      Mish: You know I think we BELIEVE "it takes guts and courage to be
      honest." But in truth, it is the much easier road to take! 1.
      Standing up and admitting a mistake often surprises people and they
      appreciate the honesty, so it is the best way to diffuse a
      misunderstanding or an error in behavior, etc. 2. For myself, I feel
      much better being honest than trying to live a lie!

      Freefrom: "Those who stay with eckankar are still stuck in the herd
      mentality, like sheep. It's a kind of self-deception and false
      security."

      Mish: Looking for security in our beliefs or even trying to find a
      base for our spiritual beliefs, yes, we can end up with the "herd
      mentality." And in eckankar, if you weren't a sheep to begin with,
      you become exactly that with all the fears and controls that keep
      chelas manipulated and trapped in the org! One gets in so deep that
      one fears leaving, and will fight to the bitter end to hold onto the
      brass ring! : )

      Prometheus: "On the other hand, Twitch could have been playing with
      us and did this as a game of sorts. Twitch was clever and
      egotistical, and this might have been his way of having the last
      laugh on those followers and critics who were more educated
      (Ph.Ds)."

      Mish: Yes, I agree that PT was having good sport with people and
      that fooling people fed his ego! He found a dishonest way to dupe
      people and make a living, while pretending to be a great spiritual
      leader! I suppose he did believe some of it, because in the
      beginning he was a seeker himself, however, he evolved into a
      monster when he realized what he could do with his made up religion.
      He chose the dark side of the force, so to speak! : )

      Leigh wrote: "So often in the past six years
      I've seen people expressing the view that a lot of the junk was
      consciously engineered. I think this gives the people we're
      talking about WAY too much credit for being clever. I think far more
      often (particularly when you look at the volume of stuff) it's a
      case of someone spitting out something their mind had thrown up at
      them to experience. This makes them a double dupe, really. First
      they cram their mind full of stuff, then it kicks it back to them as
      best it can, and THEN they believe it, as is, without any critical
      review !"

      Mish: I agree with Leigh here as well. I believe that many
      individuals are using various resources such as self-publising
      books, setting up websites, doing workshops and seminars to "sell"
      junk to the public. It's all around us more than ever today with the
      fast speed of communications! Many people are buying into all kinds
      of stuff, conspiracy theories, mind control, healings, etc. Cram
      enough into your mind as Leigh states and critical thinking goes out
      the door. We lose our talent to discriminate truth from fiction.

      Anyway, very good discussions and comments. Thanks everyone!

      Mish
    • Freefrom
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hello Misha, (Hello all)

        I see what you mean about how honesty is really the easier road in
        that you just feel better. It takes a lot of effort really to be
        dishonest, IMO. That is why down through history the tyrants and
        psychopaths usually end up crashing and burning. In some cases they
        may just get tired of the false facade and it is such a relief to
        finally just admit to their lies. Many just become grossly insane.
        (how punny! LOL) Some do change and choose a path of honesty, although
        it is sometimes easier said than done. A lot of it depends on our life
        experiences and how we have been conditioned to behave or believe. I
        read somewhere that a true spirituality or just living the good life,
        involves a series of unmasking or openning to our true self as we are
        in process. Unfortunately, IMO, there are external cultural
        circumstances that can make the way of honesty more difficult. That is
        part of why we choose to be anonymous in this group, but this also
        allows us to be more honest. Well, now I'm starting to feel like I'm
        rambling.

        This group is really turning out well. I really am grateful for all
        the insightful posts from everyone, and the research and discussion.
        This kind of exchange of ideas etc. is so helpful.

        Freefrom
        ***************

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
          Garbage in garbage out... should be the motto for Eckists! When one
          has lied and "stretched the truth" since childhood, as Twitchell
          had, there is little chance or hope for a change or improvement in
          either the deviant behaviour or lack of ethics. Lying becomes both a
          game (to bolster ego) and an addiction. Eckists should ask
          themselves if some of Twitchell's distortions and embellishments of
          truth have (unknowingly to them) polluted the base foundation of
          their Eck belief system. This is probably why Eckists (even some
          former Eckists) are having difficulties and conflicts within and
          without the Eckankar hierarchy. The subconscious mind, as well as
          Soul, recognize the contradictions, distortions, and the control
          methods used in the Eck literature and by Klemp. This is why Eckists
          have to force themselves, through the fear, guilt, and uneasy
          thoughts and feelings to act and speak as they're told.

          Prometheus
          p.s. I found both your posts very interesting and informative.

          "Freefrom" eckchains wrote:

[...]

        • l2eigh
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
            Hi Prometheus:
            That's a good piece of detective work. The Sepher/Zohar
            People, Sephiroth/Zohar (Spendor) one. But we're also looking at a
            couple of individual trees and missing the forest, here. Sepher,
            Sephiroth, are cognates from the same root - sep, or sept - where our
            word "seven" comes from also. Thr larger issue is that this is all
            astral plane b.s. from the classical formula. That is, the astral
            plane has seven levels, planes, or divisions in it. This goes WAY
            back (originally) to sun worship (sunlight, when it's broken down in
            the atmosphere by water (rain in the distance) or through the
            convention of a prism, breaks down into the seven wavelengths that
            compose it. Red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, blue, violet). The
            cabala is pure astral plane b.s. used in the conventional way to try
            to make of something of "God" or explain flux. This gets even more
            involved when you go beyond the conventional delusion of "jivatma"
            to "atma", "paramatma", and "adiatma". The "golden wisdom" Eckankar
            uses and is keyed into is pure imagination. The "gold" color always
            indicates imagination.
            The thing is, it's all nonsense. All of this kind of
            stuff but has been used over time by mankind to give itself a
            collective purpose, develop cultures, and so on.

            Leigh

            - In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
            <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

            > Hi L2eigh,
            >
            > I have to agree that this could be a factor at times. On these
            Zohar

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
              Hi Leigh,

              Eckankar's take on the Tisra Til and the whole chakra thing is
              Astral too! I was looking at another part of "The Path of the
              Masters" and saw where (pgs. 443-446) the Tisra Til is "the seat of
              mind and soul." The (Radhasoami) Masters "begin their concentration
              at Tisra Til, and from there they go on up. If one begins there, the
              next station above Tisra Til is Ashta-dal-Kanwal, the lotus of eight
              pedals, and the next above that is the true center of all the Astral
              worlds. Its name is Sahasra-dal-Kanwal, and this is the first of the
              great regions traversed by the Masters on their upward journey."

              The spiritual exercise technique used most often in Eckankar, and
              which is listed in "The Master 4 Discourses," is to use the Tisra
              Til [a.k.a. The Third Eye; Spiritual Eye; Mind's Eye; Seat of Soul;
              Shivanetra, the eye of Shiva; Nukta-i-saveda; the Tenth Door].

              However, do Eckists realize that using the TISRA TIL is an ASTRAL
              PLANE technique? I never realized it before!

              "Sahasra-dal-Kanwal. sah-HAHS-rah-dahl-KAHN-wahl The CROWN CHAKRA,
              the thousand-pedaled lotus; the capital city of the ASTRAL PLANE,
              and the Mountain of Light at the top of the Astral; the powerhouse
              of lights. Also Astral City, City of Lights." [Eckankar Lexicon,
              pg.179]

              Amazing! All of those years we were told that the focus on the Tisra
              Til would get us to the Soul Plane and beyond! However, even
              focusing on the Crown Chakra (higher than the Tisra Til) only gets
              Soul to the top of the ASTRAL PLANE! All of those colored lights
              (including blue) that many Eckists see... are probably from
              the "Astral City, City of Lights!"

              I (like most chelas) just accepted and trusted that what "they" were
              saying was true! I never really bothered to check! Why would someone
              lie about "Spiritual" matters, especially, when knowing about Karma!
              Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, shame on you... Mr. Klemp!

              Prometheus

              Prometheus wrote:

              Hi L2eigh,

              I have to agree that this could be a factor at times. On these Zohar
              and Sepher examples, however, I'm thinking that Twitch was in a rush
              to create new material for his scam and used the same source
              material for both. This is why we can see a relationship to the two
              fabrications.

              On the other hand, Twitch could have been playing with us and did
              this as a game of sorts. Twitch was somewhat clever and egotistical,
              and this might have been his way of having the last laugh on those
              followers and critics who were more educated (Ph.Ds).

              Also, Twitch might have assumed that no one else would have done the
              research that he had done and would never find his source material
              or see the correlation.

              Another factor is, Why would anyone Not beleive him? Why would
              Twitch lie about Rebazar Tarzs or the rest of it? Hmmmmmm. So, it
              seems Twitch did consciously use obscure parts of anything and

              Prometheus wrote:
[...]

              [Zohar/Sephiroth vs. Zohar/Sepher] Is it no wonder that the
              existance of Rebazar Tarzs is in question as well!