Re: Some history

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2005
      Hi freeto,

      Welcome to the site and thanks for the post. It would be even more
      interesting to see which books Twitch kept for a week or two! I
      think P.T. was just trying to make a name for himself (a P.R. stunt)
      and impress Gail at the same time. Twitch admits that he basically
      skimmed these books.

      Here's a quote by Twitchell, "... when I was in Seattle I read about
      35,000 books, or I don't say that I particularly read them word for
      word. I went through 35,000 books of every subject you can know
      which built me a background for a certain bit of the work that I
      have today." [Difficulties of Becoming the Living ECK Master, pg 98]

      See where he admits he didn't "particularly read them word for word.
      I went through 35,000 books." Maybe he didn't even skim them and
      slept on them instead! [He absorbed them via the Eck-Vidya] <smile>
      Perhaps that's why Twitch needed twenty or so books per day in order
      to make a nice flat bed for himself! LOL!

      Twitch also mentions the research needed on various subjects in
      order to create a "background for a certain bit of the work that I
      have today" (his new vocation). It's interesting how the truth
      sometimes just slips out, and is usually just overlooked!

      Prometheus

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "freetoseektruth"
      <freetoseektruth@y...> wrote:

      Paul Twitchell met Gail in 1963 at the Seattle Public Library. She
      (Gail) had a part-time job there while she attended the University
      of Washington as a full-time student.

      Paul was reading a tremendous amount of books at the time. He would
      take out twenty books each evening and he would trade them in for a
      fresh batch on the next night.

      Gail had been puzzling about this unusual fellow who left his crazy
      bookmarks in the returned books, and she had been wanting to know
      more about him.

      After Paul and Gail were married, the first year for them
      was "rough", but they made it. She worked as he wrote eckankar
      discourses. Funny how Gail always seemed to find work in small town
      local libraries!

      Just how intrumental was Gail in assisting Paul in his lifting
      entire paragraphs from other authors books? Could be if a person
      were to go back to some of these libraries where she and Paul
      frequented, we might find the books he checked out (20 per night)
      and compare his great work to those he was reading back in the day.

      I know in our small town library, most books are still on the
      shelves even as far back as the 40s, with peoples signatures listed
      on the check out label within the book. Records of checked out
      books are now kept in a computer program.

      Yet I wonder how hard it would be to research and find all those
      books he most likely lifted the teachings from, with Gails help of
      course!

      Free To Seek Truth