batteries

  • jjamie1977
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2005
      i couldnt find precisely what i was looking for, but did find this:

      "She is dependent upon him for the power of God which flows through
      him. He has been given a chemical battery which has the ability to
      draw the power directly to himself, which woman lacks but can take from
      man himself." paul twitchell, tigers fang

      guess what? i have my own batteries, thank u very much. yes, they may
      only be AAA, but they're all mine :)

      jamie......
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2005
        Hi, Jamie and All!

        Thanks for this quote from the Tiger's Fang--I never bothered to
        read the book, even though many eckists and even some former eckists
        have embraced this PT book as some sort of great "writing." There's
        been a lot of references and quotes from The Tiger's Fang, but
        interesting that this passage has not been one of the more popular
        ones--LOL!

        It makes me wonder why females are willing to submit to
        such "teachings" or at the very least overlook it. Do we do it to
        humor the "males" and not really care??? Or maybe our focus in one
        direction distracts us from this subtle form of manipulation and
        control that keeps us subservient to the males in our society. PT
        obviously felt he needed to be superior to all, and in particular to
        women! Must have something to do with feeling inadequate and
        insecure in relationship to the women in his life! : ) Not uncommon,
        I suppose, for some men! But I do think that this is still another
        indication that PT was just a con man, and that eckankar is truly a
        bogus religion. Obviously, Harold has no problem with this belief,
        either--and many female eckists worship him as well! It's foolish
        and dumb of them! LOL!

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "jjamie1977"

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2005
          Hi Mish and Jamie,

          I found the "battery" quote on page 89. It is interesting that
          Twitch gives women a lot of credit for helping men, and except for
          the reason of "physical negative chemistry" women are even more
          qualified to be the LEM. This position seems strange since
          a "battery" has both negative and positive poles in order to work,
          and this earth plane is ruled by the negative aspect of Eck
          (Spirit), the Kal, according to Eckankar dogma. This negative factor
          should not be a problem on the "higher inner planes" since there is
          no physical body... only the Soul body!

          On page 90 Twitchell states, "The two aspects of Soul will come
          together again on the Fifth Plane, the region of Sat Lok, and there
          be rejoined before Soul can enter any of the higher worlds."

          Therefore, why cannot a female High Initiate become the Living Eck
          Master (LEM)?

          Twitch continues, "You must understand that there is nothing of the
          negative nature in these worlds, so that any part of Soul which is
          negative in chemical nature can never enter these heavens."

          The problem with this excuse is that one's physical body chemistry
          should have nothing to do with entering into the higher planes of
          God! If women cannot enter the higher planes then I can see why they
          can't become the LEM (a 12th Initiate). However, there are 8th and
          9th Initiates, now, who are women and even female Eck Masters! What
          of them?

          PT: "Are you aware that all messengers of God are the male atom? It
          is true that there are women saints upon the dual planes, but they
          never enter into the true heaven as the feminine (pg. 91)."

          "Male atom!" That's ridiculous! And, what is the "true heaven?" And,
          what of the female ECK Master Kata Daki who is in the Ancient Order
          of Vairagi Adepts (pg.112, Eckankar Lexicon)?

          It's interesting though that under Vairagi Adepts (pg.222, Eckankar
          Lexicon) that it states, "... the 'just men' of the sacred
          scriptures in the West, made perfect." How about Kata Daki? Was she
          made male in order Not to contradict scripture! LOL!

          I find it interesting how the male leaders of Eckankar (LEMs) use
          clever tactics to smooth over their contradictions. And, throwing
          the female H.I.s a bone or scrap of meat to appease them now and
          then seems to be the modus operandi once again.

          Twitchell's rewrite of Genesis (Radhasoami/Eckankar version) on page
          88 states, "In the beginning man roamed the world without the need
          of woman, he was furnished with everything except the CHEMISTRY of
          the feminine nature... God winked His other eye and smiled with
          happiness, for He had solved the problem of man's LACK of feminine
          traits, which included LOVE, affection, and emotional
          characteristics that are needed for his return to the nameless world
          called Anami Lok."[my caps]

          So, it seems that man needs woman in order to learn about LOVE.
          Without LOVE how can anyone KNOW GOD and enter into the Anami Lok!
          But the LEM/Mahantas seem to confuse Eckists as to "traits" and
          physical "chemistry" and negative poles and "male atoms" and other
          nonsense to justify the male tradition of power and position over
          women.

          Isn't it interesting when Twitchell states that women are needed by
          men in order to fulfill man's destiny! On page 88, of The Tiger's
          Fang, at the bottom is a note that states, "*See chapter 5 in Paul
          Twitchell's ECK-Vidya, Ancient Science of Prophecy for a through and
          accurate explanation of men and women as Soul. In the original
          Tiger's Fang manuscript Paul speakes poetically of a soul mate
          theory, but in the light of greater understanding he later corrects
          this theory."

          I think that Twitchell thought he had met his soul mate when he met
          Gail. She encouraged him to create his own spiritual path of
          Eckankar (after Kirpal Singh rejected his Tiger's Fang manuscript),
          and she helped him with research and editing. However, later Paul
          became disillusioned with his marriage to Gail (and the soul mate
          theory) when Darwin Gross came on the scene. Thus came the "time
          twins theory of ECK."

          However this theory states, "When Soul discovers Itself as the ECK,
          and by becoming the ECK, It has attained the symbol of Its Soul
          mate; the blending of the masculine and feminine forces within the
          individual into one, the oneness with Itself." [pg.209, Eckankar
          Lexicon]

          Therefore, when Soul discovers Itself as the ECK there is
          a "blending" by Itself (Soul) of both male and female forces into
          one. So, this is true for either a male or female Eckist who
          has "discovered" this! So, why can't the LEM be a female?!

          jjamie wrote:

          i couldnt find precisely what i was looking for, but did find this:

          "She is dependent upon him for the power of God which flows through
          him. He has been given a chemical battery which has the ability to
          draw the power directly to himself, which woman lacks but can take
          from man himself." paul twitchell, tigers fang

          guess what? i have my own batteries, thank u very much. yes, they
          may only be AAA, but they're all mine :)

          jamie......
        • l2eigh
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
            Hi Mish:
            The "battery" thing is total nonsense. Your imagination takes
            pictures, doesn't create batteries, and the pictures are stored. You
            can see the process at www.principlesofphilosophy.net on the page
            about Inner Mind (imagination). Everyone's imagination is the same
            thing, everyone has the same thing going on. Men and women.
            Leigh

            -- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "mishmisha9"