leaf's post

  • jjamie1977
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      carl jung had something to say that figures into leaf's post. jung
      said that each of us, quite naturally, overestimates our own
      consciousness. how could we do otherwise? we can only judge our
      consciousness and understanding relative to where we have come from.
      therefore, we are always in a more enlightened place than previously.
      what we cannot do, in any way, is grasp what a higher consciousness
      contains. we think our present status is quite superior. also, we
      cannot grasp the totality of another's consciousness. again, we think
      our own understanding is quite superior.

      so it is easy to see how an eckist can hoodwink themselves into
      believing that they are way up on some enlightenment scale.

      jamie.....