fact checking

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
      Hi:
      "Rumi was born in 1207 in Afghanistan, on the eastern fringe of the
      Persian Empire; his family fled to Turkey before the armies of Ghengis
      Khan closed in. Rumi inherited his father's position as sheikh in
      Konya's dervish community. In 1244 a wanderer named Shams of Tibriz
      showed up looking for a teacher. In the heat of Shams, Rumi caught
      fire. Their inseperable companionship is described as an unending
      spititual conversation, an ecstatic connection. Were they lovers in
      the carnal sense? Did Shams disappear because Rumi's son murdered him?"

      Always check facts to the extent possible. Eckankar has always been
      about passion. Not about facts. Particularly where facts, sanity,
      truth, would force passion to take second place, they are not
      permitted to do so. And every living representative of Eckankar would
      have you give yourself over to becoming a state of self-hypnosis for
      the purpose of reproduction - a moron.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2005
        Hi L2eigh,

        Klemp gives more speculation on the fate of Shamus-i-Tabriz in the
        Eckankar H.I. Letter of June, 2005. Klemp states, "Various reasons
        for his disappearance still make the rounds today. Yet no one really
        knows."

        Strange, that the Vi-Guru, the Word, the Light Giver, the "special
        incarnation of the SUGMAD," the LEM/Mahanta, the head of the Vairagi
        Order and "Modern Prophet" isn't able to read the ECK-Vidya and tell
        us what really happened to Shams. Why is this? Maybe because HK's a
        fraud!

        The Eckankar Lexicon states the following for the ECK-Vidya: "The
        ancient science of prophecy; the modus operandi of delving into the
        past, present, and future used by the Adepts of the Ancient Order of
        the Vairagi; an aspect of ECK, the fullfillment of the total
        awareness of God"

        Here are some of Klemp's guesses as to what may have happened to
        Shams: (1) "Rumi's disciples did him in;" (2) "he died in Iran, in
        1273, at the ripe old age of eighty-nine;". . . "Rumi, he felt,
        needed 'to be cooked' by separation... Shamus may have decided to
        pop Rumi back into the oven;" (3) "A third reason that Shamus may
        have left Konya is that Shamus's job was done."

        Well L2eigh, I have to agree that current Eckists must be morons to
        still hang onto Klemp's words. His comments don't even agree with
        the Eck dogma! The Mahanta should Not have to speculate and guess
        according to what others say. He didn't state the possibility that
        Rumi's son did Shamus in because this would have been a 4th possible
        reason, and Klemp likes to use the principle of the threes!

        An Eckist has to be blind, deaf, and dumb to still beleive in
        Klemp's crap. But, I guess that's what makes Klemp the Pinball
        Wizard of Chanhassen! LOL!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
          > Strange, that the Vi-Guru, the Word, the Light Giver, the "special
          > incarnation of the SUGMAD," the LEM/Mahanta, the head of the Vairagi
          > Order and "Modern Prophet" isn't able to read the ECK-Vidya and tell
          > us what really happened to Shams. Why is this? Maybe because HK's a
          > fraud!

          Maybe. :)
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 14, 2005
            Way Beyond Maybe! HK's Absolutely a Fraud!!! <smile>