Re: David Icke--New Age/Conspiracy Theorist

    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2005
      Hi Mish,

      Very interesting post... once again I'll have to check out some of
      the sites you have listed.

      As far as Icke goes... if a famous person would say that he or she
      believed that Dubya (G.W.) was a snake... would that be proof that
      he was a reptilian?

      I've noticed that Betty and Mario over on Ford's HCS are big David
      Icke fans. Doesn't Ford ever check out these people or the sites
      that B&M endorse? Is there no sense of responsibility on Ford's part?

      On another note... I've heard Betty H. make comments about believing
      The Protocols of the Elders of Zion were true. So, I guess she
      bought into the David Icke stuff. I remember that this story was on
      the History Channel and it was pointed out there how Henry Ford had
      been duped.

      I found an interesting book by another Hawkins. This book is
      titled, "Reality and Subjectivity" by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.
      It's rather a slow read and somewhat tedious, but very interesting
      just the same.

      Prometheus
      p.s. Currently I am reviewing some Klemp/Twitchell/Marman
      information from the Eckankar website. I'll have to give my views on
      the spin and obmissions later.

      <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
      > David Icke is a former British soccer player and sports announcer
      > who
      > began his new career as a conspiracy theorist in the early 1990's.
      > He
      > was born in 1952 in Leicester, England. To date, he has written
      and
      > published around 30 books and goes on lecture tours. His Internet
      > site
      > has a lot of activity and interest. Of course, he is controversial
      > and
      > there is argument about whether what he theorizes has merit or if
      he
      > is just a plain "nut" case.
      >
      > Icke believes the origin of the Illuminati is extraterrestrial--
      his
      > proof: He is "contacted regularly with messages from beyond by
      alien
      > lizards." (Skeptic.com) His book, "The Biggest Secret: The Book
      That
      > Will Change the World," written and published in 1999, discusses
      his
      > belief that "the planet was being run by a New World Order
      > controlled
      > by a race of reptilian humanoids called the 'Babylonian
      > Brotherhood.'"
      > (encyclopedia.lockergnome.com)He believes that many prominent
      people
      > and "practically every world leader, including Queen Elizabeth and
      > several of our U.S. presidents are either reptilian or work for
      the
      > reptiles. He bases, in part, this belief in statements he claims
      > made
      > my the late Princess Diana when she referred to the British royal
      > family as being lizards, and also from Cathy O'Brian in
      > TRANCEformation of America when she claims that George Bush, Sr.
      was
      > an alien reptile. O'Brian claims that Bush is a paedophile and
      > serial
      > killer, etc. She says she saw Bush transform "like chameleon into
      > reptile." Icke says he knows other people who have seen this too.
      In
      > my previous post, I said that many people dismiss the
      > Phillips/O'Brian's story about Mind Control because they offer no
      > proof to substantiate what they claim. My question concerning the
      > validity of Icke's conspiracy theories is this for one: why does
      he
      > readily accept what is written in "TRANCEformation of America"
      when
      > Phillips and O'Brian do not come forth with their evidence?
      > Supposedly
      > O'Brian's back is a mass of scars from the torture inflicted on
      her--
      > yet she does not show her scars. That would be simple enough for
      > beginning proof of their allegations and story.
      >
      > Icke was a former member of The Green Party, but they have
      dismissed
      > association with him since he began his book writings on the
      > Illuminati. I also read where he was a member of the British Neo-
      > Nazis. There is criticism that he is anti-Semitic in his views.
      This
      > stems in part from his endorsement of "The Protocols of the Elders
      > of Zion." The "Protocols" are forged documents that caught the
      > attention of Henry Ford who had 4 volumes of books on the subject
      > printed in both English and German and distributed in Europe.
      Later,
      > when Ford discovered the information was false, Hitler was already
      > using the book as a tool to rid Europe of the Jews. Well, no
      wonder,
      > there is argument about Icke being anti-Semitic!
      >
      > From Disinformation.com: "Icke lays out a conspiriology 'grand
      > narrative' that involves every major conspiracy theory and occult
      > society that ever existed, an alternative view of history which
      Icke
      > contends has been kept from the majority of the human race. . .
      >
      > Read as fictional metapho, Icke's books are a paranoid roller-
      > coaster
      > ride through Humanity's eternal struggle to consciously evolve
      from
      > primitive and violent deep-brain subsystem to whole-Earth
      > macro-views.
      > But unfortunately many readers are confusing the map with the
      > territory, resulting in the 'information overload' that
      semiotician
      > Umberto Eco wryly warned about in his masterful postmodern
      > novel 'Foucault's Pendulum' (Picador, 1990) . . .
      >
      > According to a scathing review of "The Biggest Secret' by the late
      > Jim
      > Keith, Icke lacks the finely honed analytical skills required to
      > discrimniate between credible and delusional sources." (i.e.
      > Phillips
      > and O'Brian for one)
      >
      > At one time, I was briefly interested in reading a couple of
      Icke's
      > books, but when I did some researching, some of which I am sharing
      > here, I backed away from spending my time and money on him. I was
      > criticized for not being "open." : ) I took a brief look this
      > morning
      > at some of his books that are for sale on Amazon.com. I notice
      that
      > the prices have dropped from their original $30.00 (no discount) to
      > about
      > 30% off. Well, that is more appealing, but I still view his writing
      > as
      > a waste of time--MPO. What I also noticed was a lack of editorial
      > book
      > reviews by Amazon, even though there are several posted by readers
      > of
      > Icke's books. I thought that was odd. I'm not sure if that means
      > anything, but it seems no one at Amazon has taken the time to
      review
      > the books, and perhaps have not read them????
      >
      > I will list some of the internet sites I visited in researching
      > David
      > Icke in case you are interested in delving more. Of course, just
      > googling pulls up a lot of pros and cons. I admit that my
      > perspective
      > is negative, even though, the general premise of conspiracies I do
      > not
      > disagree with. I recognize that conspiracies do take place on both
      > large and small scale events. They are always happening, from the
      > beginning of time. I question though the validity of the
      > Illuminati/Power Elite theories in that it is so broad-ranged and
      > powerful. I can't believe either that most prominent people are
      > members of this secret society or puppets being pulled by strings.
      > Well, enough of that--my personal opinions!
      >
      > http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id330/pg1/
      >
      > http://www.davidicke.com/icke/articles/bsecret.html
      >
      > http://www.rightwingnews.com/crackpots/reptile.php
      >
      > http://www.encyclopeida.lockergnome.com/s/b/David_Icke
      >
      > http://www.nndb.com/people/455/000022389/
      >
      > http://www.pubiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm
      >
      > http://www.masonicinfo.com/icke.htm
      >
      > I can't resist a final quote from the Right Wing News
      entitled "The
      > Greys Are Mutants From Atlantis Who Bred With Lizards And Survived
      > Earths Cataclysms" by John Hawkins:
      >
      > "While perusing various conspiracy sites to get material for
      ACPOTI

      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2005
        Hi, All and Thanks, Prometheus!

        The main reason I have posted these messages is to suggest the
        responsibility that we each have in discerning and checking out
        various information sources. I would venture that we all know better
        than to believe everything we hear on TV or obtain from other mass
        media sources; however, just because alternative news/information
        sources are marching to a different drum beat, it doesn't mean that
        this information is better or more truthful.

        Cassiopaea, TRANCEformaton of America, David Icke and others are not
        providing truth--they are only presenting lies and half-truths along
        with personal agendas that are masqueraded as a social and political
        truth. They are distractions/tests.

        Higher spiritual truth can only be found when ego is set aside and
        the inner and outer worlds can be viewed through the clear vision of
        Soul/God awareness.

        For me and many of us, the quest or journey for Higher Truth is in
        and of itself the goal. But then again, I'm not telling any of you
        out there anything new. : )