A repost from HCS: Ed Kusi "Journey of the Alone"

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      Hi all,

      this is quite an interesting post of Ed Kusi on HCS on 11/2/2005:

      *** Quote ***
      Creation provides a broad path to God. Out of it, individuals carve
      out their own paths. A person's journey lies with the experiences in
      store, which are unique and personal because of previous choices of
      belief and conduct. As such, a person's path is as individual as
      his/her face or thumbprint. The Akan of Ghana have a saying that
      there are thousands upon thousands of people on this earth but each
      has a different face. There is deep spiritual wisdom here, because a
      person's face is a picture, a representation of the totality of
      their existence. They have another one which says, when someone was
      taking leave of their God to come to this earth, they did that alone
      with nobody there. Therefore, a person alone knows what they agreed
      with God to come do on this earth.

      This understanding makes the path to God a self-created one. It is a
      truly personal and deeper journey, and lies soley within the heart
      and consciousness of the individual. It is a journey always
      determined by the person's knowledge, beliefs, and conduct within
      the framework of Creation and the Creation laws. How far a person is
      on their path to God is determined by their own efforts in pursuing
      truth.

      Group consciousness, and those who promote it hinder spiritual
      unfoldment. They deprive their members the all-important freedom of
      independent investigation, exploration and decision, which alone
      make for true unfoldment. In their attempt to blend the group into
      one, they erode some of the God-given free-will of their members.

      This group consciousness concept must be separated from the
      individual's endeavour at becoming one with ALL THAT IS. Because
      here, the principle that applies is 'One composed of the many',
      where the many are the free, independent units.The spiritual journey
      is fundamentally and always one of the alone with the Alone; the
      self with the higher self; the individualized unit with the Whole.
      Even while in a group, the journey still remains an individual
      experience. As such, an outer master is but a representation of the
      inner voice, higher self, or the Christ self that the individual
      seeks. Only the right knowledge has not been given for the
      realization of this fact, so a seeker becomes attached to a
      temporal master.

      But eventually the seeker hears the inner voice which has been
      telling him all along to look within and not without for
      enligtenment. At this point soul breaks free, and from then on there
      is no longer room for an outer master.

      This state where the person is spiritually independent also shows in
      their outer life. Genuinely enlightened ones have an aura of an
      almost melancholic aloneness about them. This is not a cold
      aloofness, for these people radiate love and warmth to all life. It
      is rather the spiritual light/power waves radiating from them which
      others sense and naturally makes them want to keep their distance.
      Such a person will also not struggle, wear masks, or use subterfuge
      to get people to see how enlightened they are. These are the stock
      in trade of the fake pretenders. Instead, their light shine strongly
      through and plainly for all to see.

      This increasing solitude and independence is evidence of the person
      growing spiritually and becoming one with God, ALL THAT IS. He or
      she is taking on the chief characteristic of the ONE, which is
      aloneness. For the Alone is One and, and One is the Alone.

      Ed.
      *** Unquote ***

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2005
        Ingrid,

        Thanks for reposting this message by Ed Kusi from the HCS BB. Ed has
        a great gift for expressing his insights and beliefs, and I always
        enjoy reading his posts. I believe he wrote this in response to the
        present discussion topic posted on HCS: "The Narrow Path to God
        Realization Is an Individual Not a Group Phenomenon." The topic is
        an interesting one. I'm not sure how well other posters on Ford's BB
        have handled it, but Ed's post speaks out loud and clearly. : )

        I would like to insert a few comments within his post. I hope he
        doesn't mind the discussion of his discussion!

        <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > this is quite an interesting post of Ed Kusi on HCS on 11/2/2005:

        ###I believe Ed titled his post, "Journey of the Alone."
        Immediately, he is agreeing with Ford that the path to God
        Realization is an individual phenomoenon rather than that of a group
        consciousness.###

        > *** Quote ***
        > Creation provides a broad path to God. Out of it, individuals
        carve out their own paths. A person's journey lies with the
        experiences in store, which are unique and personal because of
        previous choices of belief and conduct. As such, a person's path is
        as individual as his/her face or thumbprint. The Akan of Ghana have
        a saying that there are thousands upon thousands of people on this
        earth but each has a different face. There is deep spiritual wisdom
        here, because a person's face is a picture, a representation of the
        totality of their existence. They have another one which says, when
        someone was taking leave of their God to come to this earth, they
        did that alone with nobody there. Therefore, a person alone knows
        what they agreed with God to come do on this earth.

        #### Ed refines the topic and differs with it by stating that the
        path to God is a broad path rather than a narrow path! It is a broad
        path because there are so many individual and differing paths that
        each of us make for ourselves. The broad path concept also assures
        all that there is room for many differing paths. I like how the
        individual is recognized in his unique nature and with his singular
        agreement with God.###

        > This understanding makes the path to God a self-created one. It is
        a truly personal and deeper journey, and lies soley within the heart
        and consciousness of the individual. It is a journey always
        determined by the person's knowledge, beliefs, and conduct within
        the framework of Creation and the Creation laws. How far a person is
        on their path to God is determined by their own efforts in pursuing
        truth.

        #### This is a powerful statement. The responsibility is also
        individual in how we create/carve out our path. It lies, as Ed so
        keenly states, "solely within the heart and consciousness of the
        individual." #####

        Group consciousness, and those who promote it hinder spiritual
        unfoldment. They deprive their members the all-important freedom of
        independent investigation, exploration and decision, which alone
        make for true unfoldment. In their attempt to blend the group into
        one, they erode some of the God-given free-will of their members.

        #### This also is a great observation, and it clearly explains what
        goes wrong in trying to create a group consciousness, such as in the
        various religious groups. Even in a group that claims not to be
        collective in thought, it is very difficult to maintain the
        individual freedom of thought. Human beings, being social in make-
        up, want to belong and try to fit in with others. So, following
        another becomes a goal for some; while there are the few, who want
        to lead and will try to herd others into their mind-set--
        these "leaders" hunger for a following in order to feel
        validated.####

        This group consciousness concept must be separated from the
        individual's endeavour at becoming one with ALL THAT IS. Because
        here, the principle that applies is 'One composed of the many',
        where the many are the free, independent units.The spiritual journey
        is fundamentally and always one of the alone with the Alone; the
        self with the higher self; the individualized unit with the Whole.
        Even while in a group, the journey still remains an individual
        experience. As such, an outer master is but a representation of the
        inner voice, higher self, or the Christ self that the individual
        seeks. Only the right knowledge has not been given for the
        realization of this fact, so a seeker becomes attached to a
        temporal master.

        #### Okay, this is where it becomes very challenging for the seeker,
        because in gaining insights by studying different resources and
        perhaps becoming involved within a group, the individual may forget
        that his journey is that "of the alone with the Alone." The
        individual may fall into the trap of following a false master--
        forgetting that Soul's master is really his inner voice and higher
        self. Instead of quoting himself, the seeker quotes the voice of
        someone he has chosen to be his outer leader/master! The teachings
        of this master, of course, are not the truth that the seeker is
        yearning for, but yet he mistakenly fills his consciousness with it.
        The seeker can be so delusional about this master/group
        consciousness that he involves himself totally on a false path,
        i.e. Eckankar led by HK! : ) Or some others! ####

        But eventually the seeker hears the inner voice which has been
        telling him all along to look within and not without for
        enligtenment. At this point soul breaks free, and from then on there
        is no longer room for an outer master.

        ### This is the key to spiritual freedom and growth! Look within;
        not without--listen to your God given gift of your inner voice! ####

        This state where the person is spiritually independent also shows in
        their outer life. Genuinely enlightened ones have an aura of an
        almost melancholic aloneness about them. This is not a cold
        aloofness, for these people radiate love and warmth to all life. It
        is rather the spiritual light/power waves radiating from them which
        others sense and naturally makes them want to keep their distance.
        Such a person will also not struggle, wear masks, or use subterfuge
        to get people to see how enlightened they are. These are the stock
        in trade of the fake pretenders. Instead, their light shine strongly
        through and plainly for all to see.

        #### In this paragraph, I am a little confused. Why would others
        who sense the radiated love and warmth to all life of an
        enlightened one want to keep their distance from such a person? I
        would think there would be an attraction rather than keeping away
        from them. I do understand how people can be conned by the fake
        pretenders--i.e. Eckankar and other such groups. But why not be
        attracted to the real thing? Of course, a truly enlightened one
        would not take on a leadership role. thus this would be a key in
        recognizing a truly enlightened being. ####

        This increasing solitude and independence is evidence of the person
        growing spiritually and becoming one with God, ALL THAT IS. He or
        she is taking on the chief characteristic of the ONE, which is
        aloneness. For the Alone is One and, and One is the Alone.

        ### I don't think I agree with this either. I think the alone with
        the Alone is apt on the inner, but I think on the outer, such an
        enlightened individual would not be standing in such solitude--
        however, his independence would be evident in that he would not be
        caught up in a group consciousness or desiring to be a master of
        others. ####

        > Ed.
        > *** Unquote ***
        >
        > Ingrid

        The post is really excellent over all. I just have trouble with the
        final thoughts Ed expressed, but I do agree that we must be wary of
        becoming attached to a group consciousnesss.

        Mish
      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
          Mish,

          you raise some excellent issues, and I like your comments as I was
          asking myself some similar questions.

          <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

          > Ingrid,
          >
          > Thanks for reposting this message by Ed Kusi from the HCS BB. Ed
          >has
          > a great gift for expressing his insights and beliefs, and I always
          > enjoy reading his posts. I believe he wrote this in response to
          >the
          > present discussion topic posted on HCS: "The Narrow Path to God
          > Realization Is an Individual Not a Group Phenomenon." The topic is
          > an interesting one. I'm not sure how well other posters on Ford's
          >BB
          > have handled it, but Ed's post speaks out loud and clearly. : )

          *** Ed Kusi is certainly a kind of "godsend" for HCS - one of the
          few who knows about what he is writing and who has the gift to
          express himself clearly.
          >---- snip---->

          > This state where the person is spiritually independent also shows
          >in
          > their outer life. Genuinely enlightened ones have an aura of an
          > almost melancholic aloneness about them. This is not a cold
          > aloofness, for these people radiate love and warmth to all life.
          >It
          > is rather the spiritual light/power waves radiating from them
          >which
          > others sense and naturally makes them want to keep their distance.
          > Such a person will also not struggle, wear masks, or use
          >subterfuge
          > to get people to see how enlightened they are. These are the stock
          > in trade of the fake pretenders. Instead, their light shine
          >strongly
          > through and plainly for all to see.
          >
          > #### In this paragraph, I am a little confused. Why would others
          > who sense the radiated love and warmth to all life of an
          > enlightened one want to keep their distance from such a person? I
          > would think there would be an attraction rather than keeping away
          > from them. I do understand how people can be conned by the fake
          > pretenders--i.e. Eckankar and other such groups. But why not be
          > attracted to the real thing? Of course, a truly enlightened one
          > would not take on a leadership role. thus this would be a key in
          > recognizing a truly enlightened being. ####

          **** I agree with you because I had about the same thoughts. And
          again, I think it's difficult to express these issues with words.
          Perhaps what Ed meant is something like "people gather around these
          enlightened ones, and they also love people and love to be with
          people. They love to have fun, but after all of that, and even
          during all of that, they realise that they are always really alone
          with the Alone."

          > This increasing solitude and independence is evidence of the
          >person
          > growing spiritually and becoming one with God, ALL THAT IS. He or
          > she is taking on the chief characteristic of the ONE, which is
          > aloneness. For the Alone is One and, and One is the Alone.
          > >

          > ### I don't think I agree with this either. I think the alone with
          > the Alone is apt on the inner, but I think on the outer, such an
          > enlightened individual would not be standing in such solitude--
          > however, his independence would be evident in that he would not be
          > caught up in a group consciousness or desiring to be a master of
          > others. ####

          **** I didn't understand that paragraph too well either. But I think
          it's difficult to express this with words. What I can feel is that
          maybe he wanted to say "inner solitude and independence in thought,
          and deriving insights and knowledge directly from the One, without
          recourse to outside sources or masters and not isolationism". For
          me, it would be strange that a truly enlightened being would sit in
          isolation on a high mountain top so to speak. I see the truly
          enlightened one amidst people they love, working on team building or
          improving family relationships, or whatever. I know two such people
          and I can say that in their presence, I feel I become a better
          person without them trying to change me in any way. It's just their
          state of beingness. And, contrary to what HK says, they love and
          need their loved ones! And I think, too, that they know their
          spouses and children quite well, contrary to HK! :-)