Re: The Fraud of Eckankar's Inner & Outer Initiations

  • Freefrom
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Dear Liz,

      I have enjoyed many if not all of your posts and your
      personal story. This kind of sharing of our experiences is very
      helpful to others. I can understand your reluctance and your need to
      post on sites like this. Afterall we are dealing with a Kult. They
      want former members to be afraid to speak out and tell the truth. I
      guess ultimately it is yours to decide. It is healing, to read others
      accounts and their catharsis, expressions of the facts as they know
      it. I am reminded of Rosa Parks and people like her that chose to go
      against what was wrong and stand up or sit down for their human
      rights. THere is only honor in that. I too hope you will reconsider. I
      don't post as much as I would like to. Maybe you just need a little
      break and just post when you feel like it. I notice that there has
      been quite a bit of posting on memories etc.. Sometimes this can bring
      up feelings that are hard to deal with, and they have to be processed
      somehow, at least in my experience.

      Anyway, I wish you the best and thank you.

      Freefrom

      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      > groomed to be a RESA from the very beginning, and yet you saw
      > through the illusions and lies. This awareness is real and shows a
      > spiritual advancement that far exceeds any initiation that Eckankar
      > could ever bestow upon anyone because the Eck teachings are Not
      > real. Those who can finally see through the smoke and mirrors are
      > now ready to go on to new adventures. I'll hang around here for a
      > bit longer (while also exploring) because I know that Eckists are
      > coming here due to conflicts with and misgivings about the outer
      > Eckankar hierarchy. Actually, the conflicts and doubts, due to
      > Eckankar, go deeper within one's Being than they are able to deal
      > with by simply HUing it away. Part of the Kal trap of Eckankar (and
      > Klemp) is to take credit for the good, and put blame for the bad on
      > the chela. Klemp takes credit for every "Inner" visitation and
      > anything positive, but blames Eckists when they can't realize
      > their "Mahanta protection" because of their short comings. It's
      > win/win for Klemp personally, but a lose/lose for the Eckist who
      > doesn't wake up to the Truth!
      >
      > Would you reconsider and do a repost of your story? But, if not I
      > understand. Please feel free to return whenever you care to. Take
      > care.
      >
      > Prometheus
      >

      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
      > <ewickings@a...> wrote:
      >
      > > Mish Wrote:
      >
      > ******REGARDING THE FRAUD OF ECKANKAR'S INNER & OUTER INITIATIONS:
      > I think it is also a sorry state to see some others who left the
      > eck teachings still seeking to keep themselves elevated above the
      > general masses. They left eckankar, but they did not shed the "ego"
      > of the initiations that made them feel spiritually superior to
      > others. I don't think until you come down off of your high horse,
      > whether you are an eckist, former eckist, or any other ego driven
      > individual, that one will ever be able to attain the spiritual
      > awareness one thinks he/she has earned.
      >

      > *** You know this speaks volumes... and so I have decided to leave
      > the groups I belong to where I have been speaking out. As you say
      > Mish, you don't post to the eckists groups because they have their
      > mind set. For me I guess even posting on the ex-eck groups has
      > become sort of a similar experience. There is so much more to
      > living life outside of eck / ex-eck that my feeling the need to wake
      > eckists up has maybe become an ego thing too! And that is not what
      > I think I am about.
      >
      > Prometheus I hope it won't upset you, but I did delete a few of my
      > post from the past week or so. I shared a little too much about
      > myself and have had second thoughts. Yes I know some of my comments
      > were also in the bodies of others that commented. Guess I'll just
      > have to live with that! :-)
      >
      > Thanks for the chance to hash things over with you all. Those that
      > are posting over on a.r.e. keep keepin on! You all are doing a

    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005
        Hello Liz,

        <ewickings@a...> wrote:

        > You know this speaks volumes... and so I have decided to leave
        > the groups I belong to where I have been speaking out. As you say
        > Mish, you don't post to the eckists groups because they have their
        > mind set. For me I guess even posting on the ex-eck groups has
        > become sort of a similar experience. There is so much more to
        >living
        > life outside of eck / ex-eck that my feeling the need to wake
        >eckists
        > up has maybe become an ego thing too! And that is not what I
        >think I
        > am about.

        Just want to add that I'm sorry to see you leave ... and I will miss
        you for sure, just as all the others who have said so. Your stories
        were so interesting and touching because you experienced them - it's
        not like HK's stories which basically consist of quoting other
        people's experiences and never his own.

        I don't think you are on an ego trip at all - and not one of those
        Mish wrote about, on the contrary. But I can understand your
        questioning of motives as this is the attribute of a responsible
        person.

        > Prometheus I hope it won't upset you, but I did delete a few of my
        > post from the past week or so. I shared a little too much about
        > myself and have had second thoughts. Yes I know some of my
        >comments
        > were also in the bodies of others that commented. Guess I'll just
        > have to live with that! :-)

        I can understand that, as well - even if I regret this as these were
        really so good stories! It's another attribute of a responsible
        person to do their best not to hurt anybody. And, as I understand
        it, we are not here to deceive and hurt people we once liked, just
        because we have left the cult. This is an issue I am struggling with
        as well and I think it's one thing to speak out against the fraud of
        Eckankar and another one to attack people who believe in this fraud
        with all their heart. But of course I have no intention to spare HK
        or PT because they are responsible for the biggest spiritual crime
        in my view - deceiving people AND keeping them trapped in a scam!

        All the best to you, and, as others have said, should you want to
        reconsider your decision, I welcome you with open arms!