Re: The Fraud of Eckankar's Inner & Outer Initiations

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
      Hi Liz,

      When I read this post by Mish I thought of former H.I.s B&M, over on
      TS/HCS, as those who still believe that those initiations had some
      spiritual value as stepping stones to higher consciousness. Some
      people just can't admit that they were dupped because their egos are
      so fragile. Therefore, the delusion of "growth" (via the Eck
      teachings) needs to be maintained at any cost. I will say that I
      learned a lot of things while in Eckankar, and that some of it was
      good. But, the good that I really learned was about my Self and was
      Not due to the Eck teachings. I was fooled by Twitchell's, Gross's
      and Klemp's scam... I admit this! However, it turned out that even
      the negative things that I learned through those Eckperiences turned
      out to be the most benefical when all were finally tallied. It seems
      that the reality of Eckankar is that it's really just a Kal bootcamp
      of sorts. If one can begin to see beyond the "Eck" dogma, the fraud
      of the "High" initiations, and the other distortions then one can
      start to take on the responsibility and awareness of Self Mastery
      and seeing beyond and through illusions of all sorts. This new found
      awareness gives the individual a chance to not only survive but to
      also graduate from this Kal (Eckankar) bootcamp as well as others!
      By seeing through the trickery and fraud that is created for Soul's
      purification then one comes to a new perspective of Self.

      I have to admit that if I were to list all of the positions that I
      held and all of the things that I did for the "Eck" that I would
      sound like I was tooting my horn. But, that really wouldn't be the
      case because I would just be letting others know that I was a true
      blue Eckist that finally woke up! This is also why I know so much
      about what's going on within the hierarchy... I can relate to those
      on HU-Chat because I bought into it all as well.

      I really enjoyed reading about your eckperiences because you came
      into Eckankar at such a young and innocent age. You were being
      groomed to be a RESA from the very beginning, and yet you saw
      through the illusions and lies. This awareness is real and shows a
      spiritual advancement that far exceeds any initiation that Eckankar
      could ever bestow upon anyone because the Eck teachings are Not
      real. Those who can finally see through the smoke and mirrors are
      now ready to go on to new adventures. I'll hang around here for a
      bit longer (while also exploring) because I know that Eckists are
      coming here due to conflicts with and misgivings about the outer
      Eckankar hierarchy. Actually, the conflicts and doubts, due to
      Eckankar, go deeper within one's Being than they are able to deal
      with by simply HUing it away. Part of the Kal trap of Eckankar (and
      Klemp) is to take credit for the good, and put blame for the bad on
      the chela. Klemp takes credit for every "Inner" visitation and
      anything positive, but blames Eckists when they can't realize
      their "Mahanta protection" because of their short comings. It's
      win/win for Klemp personally, but a lose/lose for the Eckist who
      doesn't wake up to the Truth!

      Would you reconsider and do a repost of your story? But, if not I
      understand. Please feel free to return whenever you care to. Take
      care.

      <ewickings@a...> wrote:

      > Mish Wrote:

      ******REGARDING THE FRAUD OF ECKANKAR'S INNER & OUTER INITIATIONS:
      I think it is also a sorry state to see some others who left the
      eck teachings still seeking to keep themselves elevated above the
      general masses. They left eckankar, but they did not shed the "ego"
      of the initiations that made them feel spiritually superior to
      others. I don't think until you come down off of your high horse,
      whether you are an eckist, former eckist, or any other ego driven
      individual, that one will ever be able to attain the spiritual
      awareness one thinks he/she has earned.

      *** You know this speaks volumes... and so I have decided to leave
      the groups I belong to where I have been speaking out. As you say
      Mish, you don't post to the eckists groups because they have their
      mind set. For me I guess even posting on the ex-eck groups has
      become sort of a similar experience. There is so much more to
      living life outside of eck / ex-eck that my feeling the need to wake
      eckists up has maybe become an ego thing too! And that is not what
      I think I am about.

      Prometheus I hope it won't upset you, but I did delete a few of my
      post from the past week or so. I shared a little too much about
      myself and have had second thoughts. Yes I know some of my comments
      were also in the bodies of others that commented. Guess I'll just
      have to live with that! :-)

      Thanks for the chance to hash things over with you all. Those that
      are posting over on a.r.e. keep keepin on! You all are doing a
      great service in my book! Warm Hugs

      Liz
    • Freefrom
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2005
        Dear Liz,

        I have enjoyed many if not all of your posts and your
        personal story. This kind of sharing of our experiences is very
        helpful to others. I can understand your reluctance and your need to
        post on sites like this. Afterall we are dealing with a Kult. They
        want former members to be afraid to speak out and tell the truth. I
        guess ultimately it is yours to decide. It is healing, to read others
        accounts and their catharsis, expressions of the facts as they know
        it. I am reminded of Rosa Parks and people like her that chose to go
        against what was wrong and stand up or sit down for their human
        rights. THere is only honor in that. I too hope you will reconsider. I
        don't post as much as I would like to. Maybe you just need a little
        break and just post when you feel like it. I notice that there has
        been quite a bit of posting on memories etc.. Sometimes this can bring
        up feelings that are hard to deal with, and they have to be processed
        somehow, at least in my experience.

        Anyway, I wish you the best and thank you.

        Freefrom

        <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > the groups I belong to where I have been speaking out. As you say
        > Mish, you don't post to the eckists groups because they have their
        > mind set. For me I guess even posting on the ex-eck groups has
        > become sort of a similar experience. There is so much more to
        > living life outside of eck / ex-eck that my feeling the need to wake
        > eckists up has maybe become an ego thing too! And that is not what
        > I think I am about.
        >
        > Prometheus I hope it won't upset you, but I did delete a few of my
        > post from the past week or so. I shared a little too much about
        > myself and have had second thoughts. Yes I know some of my comments
        > were also in the bodies of others that commented. Guess I'll just
        > have to live with that! :-)
        >
        > Thanks for the chance to hash things over with you all. Those that
        > are posting over on a.r.e. keep keepin on! You all are doing a

      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2005
          Hello Liz,

          <ewickings@a...> wrote:

          > You know this speaks volumes... and so I have decided to leave
          > the groups I belong to where I have been speaking out. As you say
          > Mish, you don't post to the eckists groups because they have their
          > mind set. For me I guess even posting on the ex-eck groups has
          > become sort of a similar experience. There is so much more to
          >living
          > life outside of eck / ex-eck that my feeling the need to wake
          >eckists
          > up has maybe become an ego thing too! And that is not what I
          >think I
          > am about.

          Just want to add that I'm sorry to see you leave ... and I will miss
          you for sure, just as all the others who have said so. Your stories
          were so interesting and touching because you experienced them - it's
          not like HK's stories which basically consist of quoting other
          people's experiences and never his own.

          I don't think you are on an ego trip at all - and not one of those
          Mish wrote about, on the contrary. But I can understand your
          questioning of motives as this is the attribute of a responsible
          person.

          > Prometheus I hope it won't upset you, but I did delete a few of my
          > post from the past week or so. I shared a little too much about
          > myself and have had second thoughts. Yes I know some of my
          >comments
          > were also in the bodies of others that commented. Guess I'll just
          > have to live with that! :-)

          I can understand that, as well - even if I regret this as these were
          really so good stories! It's another attribute of a responsible
          person to do their best not to hurt anybody. And, as I understand
          it, we are not here to deceive and hurt people we once liked, just
          because we have left the cult. This is an issue I am struggling with
          as well and I think it's one thing to speak out against the fraud of
          Eckankar and another one to attack people who believe in this fraud
          with all their heart. But of course I have no intention to spare HK
          or PT because they are responsible for the biggest spiritual crime
          in my view - deceiving people AND keeping them trapped in a scam!

          All the best to you, and, as others have said, should you want to
          reconsider your decision, I welcome you with open arms!