David Icke--New Age/Conspiracy Theorist

    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2005
      David Icke is a former British soccer player and sports announcer
      who
      began his new career as a conspiracy theorist in the early 1990's.
      He
      was born in 1952 in Leicester, England. To date, he has written and
      published around 30 books and goes on lecture tours. His Internet
      site
      has a lot of activity and interest. Of course, he is controversial
      and
      there is argument about whether what he theorizes has merit or if he
      is just a plain "nut" case.

      Icke believes the origin of the Illuminati is extraterrestrial--his
      proof: He is "contacted regularly with messages from beyond by alien
      lizards." (Skeptic.com) His book, "The Biggest Secret: The Book That
      Will Change the World," written and published in 1999, discusses his
      belief that "the planet was being run by a New World Order
      controlled
      by a race of reptilian humanoids called the 'Babylonian
      Brotherhood.'"
      (encyclopedia.lockergnome.com)He believes that many prominent people
      and "practically every world leader, including Queen Elizabeth and
      several of our U.S. presidents are either reptilian or work for the
      reptiles. He bases, in part, this belief in statements he claims
      made
      my the late Princess Diana when she referred to the British royal
      family as being lizards, and also from Cathy O'Brian in
      TRANCEformation of America when she claims that George Bush, Sr. was
      an alien reptile. O'Brian claims that Bush is a paedophile and
      serial
      killer, etc. She says she saw Bush transform "like chameleon into a
      reptile." Icke says he knows other people who have seen this too. In
      my previous post, I said that many people dismiss the
      Phillips/O'Brian's story about Mind Control because they offer no
      proof to substantiate what they claim. My question concerning the
      validity of Icke's conspiracy theories is this for one: why does he
      readily accept what is written in "TRANCEformation of America" when
      Phillips and O'Brian do not come forth with their evidence?
      Supposedly
      O'Brian's back is a mass of scars from the torture inflicted on her--
      yet she does not show her scars. That would be simple enough for
      beginning proof of their allegations and story.

      Icke was a former member of The Green Party, but they have dismissed
      association with him since he began his book writings on the
      Illuminati. I also read where he was a member of the British Neo-
      Nazis. There is criticism that he is anti-Semitic in his views. This
      stems in part from his endorsement of "The Protocols of the Elders
      of Zion." The "Protocols" are forged documents that caught the
      attention of Henry Ford who had 4 volumes of books on the subject
      printed in both English and German and distributed in Europe. Later,
      when Ford discovered the information was false, Hitler was already
      using the book as a tool to rid Europe of the Jews. Well, no wonder,
      there is argument about Icke being anti-Semitic!

      From Disinformation.com: "Icke lays out a conspiriology 'grand
      narrative' that involves every major conspiracy theory and occult
      society that ever existed, an alternative view of history which Icke
      contends has been kept from the majority of the human race. . .

      Read as fictional metapho, Icke's books are a paranoid roller-
      coaster
      ride through Humanity's eternal struggle to consciously evolve from
      primitive and violent deep-brain subsystem to whole-Earth
      macro-views.
      But unfortunately many readers are confusing the map with the
      territory, resulting in the 'information overload' that semiotician
      Umberto Eco wryly warned about in his masterful postmodern
      novel 'Foucault's Pendulum' (Picador, 1990) . . .

      According to a scathing review of "The Biggest Secret' by the late
      Jim
      Keith, Icke lacks the finely honed analytical skills required to
      discrimniate between credible and delusional sources." (i.e.
      Phillips
      and O'Brian for one)

      At one time, I was briefly interested in reading a couple of Icke's
      books, but when I did some researching, some of which I am sharing
      here, I backed away from spending my time and money on him. I was
      criticized for not being "open." : ) I took a brief look this
      morning
      at some of his books that are for sale on Amazon.com. I notice that
      the prices have dropped from their original $30.00 (no discount) to
      about
      30% off. Well, that is more appealing, but I still view his writing
      as
      a waste of time--MPO. What I also noticed was a lack of editorial
      book
      reviews by Amazon, even though there are several posted by readers
      of
      Icke's books. I thought that was odd. I'm not sure if that means
      anything, but it seems no one at Amazon has taken the time to review
      the books, and perhaps have not read them????

      I will list some of the internet sites I visited in researching
      David
      Icke in case you are interested in delving more. Of course, just
      googling pulls up a lot of pros and cons. I admit that my
      perspective
      is negative, even though, the general premise of conspiracies I do
      not
      disagree with. I recognize that conspiracies do take place on both
      large and small scale events. They are always happening, from the
      beginning of time. I question though the validity of the
      Illuminati/Power Elite theories in that it is so broad-ranged and
      powerful. I can't believe either that most prominent people are
      members of this secret society or puppets being pulled by strings.
      Well, enough of that--my personal opinions!

      http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id330/pg1/

      http://www.davidicke.com/icke/articles/bsecret.html

      http://www.rightwingnews.com/crackpots/reptile.php

      http://www.encyclopeida.lockergnome.com/s/b/David_Icke

      http://www.nndb.com/people/455/000022389/

      http://www.pubiceye.org/Icke/IckeBackgrounder.htm

      http://www.masonicinfo.com/icke.htm

      I can't resist a final quote from the Right Wing News entitled "The
      Greys Are Mutants From Atlantis Who Bred With Lizards And Survived
      Earths Cataclysms" by John Hawkins:

      "While perusing various conspiracy sites to get material for ACPOTI
      (Anyone can post on the internet), I've run across various
      references
      to a guy named David Icke. After doing a little checking around, I
      found that his web page is quite popular. According to Alexa.com,
      it's
      the 23,170th most popular page on the internet which is fairly
      impressive.

      However--how shall I put this--David Icke is howling at the moon,
      gibbering in a straight jacket, mad as a hatter, goofy as a pet
      racoon
      INSANE! He actually believes that there are reptile people running
      the
      planet--it just doesn't get much crazier than that. Yet his page is
      pulling traffic, he's selling books, and he's even on a speaking
      tour.
      Apparently, being out of your mind pays better than it used to. . ."

      I post this as a caution to check out other people's suggested book
      lists, especially when they are by such way-out conspiracy theorists
      like David Icke and the others I have mentioned in other posts here.
      As someone pointed out, "buyer beware!"

      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2005
        Hi Mish,

        Very interesting post... once again I'll have to check out some of
        the sites you have listed.

        As far as Icke goes... if a famous person would say that he or she
        believed that Dubya (G.W.) was a snake... would that be proof that
        he was a reptilian?

        I've noticed that Betty and Mario over on Ford's HCS are big David
        Icke fans. Doesn't Ford ever check out these people or the sites
        that B&M endorse? Is there no sense of responsibility on Ford's part?

        On another note... I've heard Betty H. make comments about believing
        The Protocols of the Elders of Zion were true. So, I guess she
        bought into the David Icke stuff. I remember that this story was on
        the History Channel and it was pointed out there how Henry Ford had
        been duped.

        I found an interesting book by another Hawkins. This book is
        titled, "Reality and Subjectivity" by David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.
        It's rather a slow read and somewhat tedious, but very interesting
        just the same.

        Prometheus
        p.s. Currently I am reviewing some Klemp/Twitchell/Marman
        information from the Eckankar website. I'll have to give my views on
        the spin and obmissions later.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2005
          Hi, All and Thanks, Prometheus!

          The main reason I have posted these messages is to suggest the
          responsibility that we each have in discerning and checking out
          various information sources. I would venture that we all know better
          than to believe everything we hear on TV or obtain from other mass
          media sources; however, just because alternative news/information
          sources are marching to a different drum beat, it doesn't mean that
          this information is better or more truthful.

          Cassiopaea, TRANCEformaton of America, David Icke and others are not
          providing truth--they are only presenting lies and half-truths along
          with personal agendas that are masqueraded as a social and political
          truth. They are distractions/tests.

          Higher spiritual truth can only be found when ego is set aside and
          the inner and outer worlds can be viewed through the clear vision of
          Soul/God awareness.

          For me and many of us, the quest or journey for Higher Truth is in
          and of itself the goal. But then again, I'm not telling any of you
          out there anything new. : )