Re: Prometheus:

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Leigh,

      Have you ever been to Paducah (aka Chinapoint)? The surrounding area
      in the old part of town, near the river, is being renovated somewhat
      with brick paving, historical buildings, shops, and a wall with
      murals depicting Paducah's early history, etc. I thought it was
      interesting how Twitchell used the code word of "Chinapoint" to
      refer to Paducah in some of his writings.

      The HCS Gathering was April 30 and May 1. The set-up was on Friday
      April 29. It just so happened that Eckankar (Maryland Satsang
      Society) had a Past Lives, Dreams and Soul Travel Workshop next to
      or near to Ford's HCS Gathering at the Holiday Inn in Silver
      Springs, MD. Debbie Johnson and Dave Ings were the guest speakers
      and the RESA Karen Moe was also there. What a hoot! People were
      coming up to Ford with arms streached out for a hug and some were
      buying his book, and asking what he has been up to! These Eckists
      never knew he had left Eckankar! The RESA had a person stand outside
      near the HCS door to steer people away from the HCS group. Funny
      huh! :-))

      Prometheus

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"
      <lgrif@m...> wrote:
      > Hi. Yeah. I've only had four posts here so
      > I'm still overgeneralizing. Actually
      > some of the things that Ford J. has said about what light and sound
      > experiences really are
      > and where they come from (our own higher self, according to him)
      have
      > been some food
      > for thought for me. Nothing specific in what he's saying, but the
      > general idea. Also "names
      > and games" are just some general reflections of experiences I've
      had
      > with the web. I didn't
      > have that impression at all about China Point, here :) which seems
      > like a mighy nice place!
    • l2eigh
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2005
        Hi Prometheus:
        No I've never been to Paducha but it tuns out
        I was only sixty miles away
        while I was in the Army. I spent all my time in Tennessee and
        Nashville however. No allure
        to the northwest and the Ohio River. And that's another thing. It's
        the Ohio, not the
        Mississippi, which it joins downstream. My mind is forming the word
        "lie", here and my
        tongue wants to twist in my head. God, it never stops, does it? Maybe
        F.J.'s right in using
        the word "mythomaniac". Someone who compulsively and obsessively
        twists a dream and
        whose switch for this is always in the "on" position.
        Yeah it's funny about the "serendipity in
        Silver Springs". I'm not surprised,
        however, that no one had a clue. It's amazing the unawareness that
        attends "the path of
        total awareness". But that's what happens when you live in a bubble
        and have no idea
        you're living in a bubble or why nothing ever really meshes.