Prometheus:

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9 2:52 PM
      Hi. Yeah. I've only had four posts here so
      I'm still overgeneralizing. Actually
      some of the things that Ford J. has said about what light and sound
      experiences really are
      and where they come from (our own higher self, according to him) have
      been some food
      for thought for me. Nothing specific in what he's saying, but the
      general idea. Also "names
      and games" are just some general reflections of experiences I've had
      with the web. I didn't
      have that impression at all about China Point, here :) which seems
      like a mighy nice place!
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9 4:13 PM
        Hi Leigh,

        Have you ever been to Paducah (aka Chinapoint)? The surrounding area
        in the old part of town, near the river, is being renovated somewhat
        with brick paving, historical buildings, shops, and a wall with
        murals depicting Paducah's early history, etc. I thought it was
        interesting how Twitchell used the code word of "Chinapoint" to
        refer to Paducah in some of his writings.

        The HCS Gathering was April 30 and May 1. The set-up was on Friday
        April 29. It just so happened that Eckankar (Maryland Satsang
        Society) had a Past Lives, Dreams and Soul Travel Workshop next to
        or near to Ford's HCS Gathering at the Holiday Inn in Silver
        Springs, MD. Debbie Johnson and Dave Ings were the guest speakers
        and the RESA Karen Moe was also there. What a hoot! People were
        coming up to Ford with arms streached out for a hug and some were
        buying his book, and asking what he has been up to! These Eckists
        never knew he had left Eckankar! The RESA had a person stand outside
        near the HCS door to steer people away from the HCS group. Funny
        huh! :-))

        Prometheus

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"
        <lgrif@m...> wrote:
        > Hi. Yeah. I've only had four posts here so
        > I'm still overgeneralizing. Actually
        > some of the things that Ford J. has said about what light and sound
        > experiences really are
        > and where they come from (our own higher self, according to him)
        have
        > been some food
        > for thought for me. Nothing specific in what he's saying, but the
        > general idea. Also "names
        > and games" are just some general reflections of experiences I've
        had
        > with the web. I didn't
        > have that impression at all about China Point, here :) which seems
        > like a mighy nice place!
      • l2eigh
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9 5:51 PM
          Hi Prometheus:
          No I've never been to Paducha but it tuns out
          I was only sixty miles away
          while I was in the Army. I spent all my time in Tennessee and
          Nashville however. No allure
          to the northwest and the Ohio River. And that's another thing. It's
          the Ohio, not the
          Mississippi, which it joins downstream. My mind is forming the word
          "lie", here and my
          tongue wants to twist in my head. God, it never stops, does it? Maybe
          F.J.'s right in using
          the word "mythomaniac". Someone who compulsively and obsessively
          twists a dream and
          whose switch for this is always in the "on" position.
          Yeah it's funny about the "serendipity in
          Silver Springs". I'm not surprised,
          however, that no one had a clue. It's amazing the unawareness that
          attends "the path of
          total awareness". But that's what happens when you live in a bubble
          and have no idea
          you're living in a bubble or why nothing ever really meshes.