Re: "Illuminati, The New World Order & Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists (PCTs)"

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2005
      Hi Mish,

      I enjoyed your post and will have to investigate some of the sites
      you have listed. When I saw PCT (Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists) I
      also thought of PCP (angeldust) which is a street drug that causes
      people to trip out and become delusional. I guess these PCTs have a
      propensity that leads to their delusional experiences even without
      the PCP!

      <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
      > Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists (PCTs)
      >
      > It seems that there is a lot of discussion on various internet
      > bulletin boards, including the Higher Consciousness Society and
      the
      > Truth-seeker, about the existence of the Illuminati and Power
      Elite
      > in the world today and how this powerful group is orchestrating
      and
      > manipulating world events. There is an interesting site that
      debunks
      > much of this world-wide conspiracy theory that some people are
      > believing.
      >
      > http://www.skepdic.com/illuminati.html
      >
      > This article is interesting in that it explains the original
      > existence of the Illuminati: "The Illuminati was a secret society
      in
      > Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that
      > included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they
      tried
      > to institute by means of 'subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy,'
      > including the infiltration of other organizations. They fancied
      > themselves to be 'enlightened' but they had little success and
      were
      > destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997)."
      >
      > "Paranoid conspiracy theorists (PCTs) believe the Illuminati cabal
      > still exists, either in its original form or as a paradigm for
      later
      > cabals. Many PCTs believe 'that large Jewish banking families have
      > been orchestrating various political revolutions and machinations
      > throughout Europe and America since the late eighteenth century,
      > with the ultimate aim of bringing about a satanic New World
      Order.'"

      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2005
        I need to make one slight correction on my post here (well, one so
        far that I have noticed! : ) )

        Instead of the "Order of the 300," I meant "The Committee of 300," a
        book written by John Coleman. Sorry for the error!