"Illuminati, The New World Order & Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists (PCTs)"

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2005
      Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists (PCTs)

      It seems that there is a lot of discussion on various internet
      bulletin boards, including the Higher Consciousness Society and the
      Truth-seeker, about the existence of the Illuminati and Power Elite
      in the world today and how this powerful group is orchestrating and
      manipulating world events. There is an interesting site that debunks
      much of this world-wide conspiracy theory that some people are
      believing.

      http://www.skepdic.com/illuminati.html

      This article is interesting in that it explains the original
      existence of the Illuminati: "The Illuminati was a secret society in
      Bavaria in the late 18th century. They had a political agenda that
      included republicanism and abolition of monarchies, which they tried
      to institute by means of 'subterfuge, secrecy, and conspiracy,'
      including the infiltration of other organizations. They fancied
      themselves to be 'enlightened' but they had little success and were
      destroyed within fifteen years of their origin (Pipes 1997)."

      "Paranoid conspiracy theorists (PCTs) believe the Illuminati cabal
      still exists, either in its original form or as a paradigm for later
      cabals. Many PCTs believe 'that large Jewish banking families have
      been orchestrating various political revolutions and machinations
      throughout Europe and America since the late eighteenth century,
      with the ultimate aim of bringing about a satanic New World Order.'"

      "In the paranoid mind, the Illuminati succeeded in their goals, and
      have now infiltrated every government and every aspect of society.
      They are responsible for every evil and every unjust act that ever
      occurs anywhere; the fact that absolutely no evidence of their
      existence can be found only serves to make them stronger and more
      frightening. They are the demon in the closet and will probably
      never disappear from the paranoid fantasy world of right-wing
      conspiracy theorists." --New England Skeptical Society

      The article goes on to state that there are two main groups of
      PCTs: "the militant Christian fundalmentalist branch and the
      UFO/alien branch." They do not support each other because they view
      each other as "nuts," but they both are focused on the theory
      that "the end is near."

      They base this belief in part on the following:

      1. "The Illuminati are hastening the coming of the anti-Christ and
      the end of the world."

      2. They believe in the claim of the connections of powerful family
      bloodlines of the Illuminati as set forth by the research of Fritz
      Springmeier, "Bloodlines of the Illuminati." I took a brief look at
      his list of bloodlines and noted readily one error in his list,
      pertaining to the Kennedy and Auchincloss connection. It made me
      wonder how many errors are contained in his scenario.

      3. The PCTs love David Icke . . . and other writers/lecturers. I
      will mention more about David Icke later.

      This article is an in-depth analysis of how and why PCTs believe as
      they do. If you are interested, it is a good place to start because
      there are various links and references listed for further research
      of the phenomenon of Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists. In conclusion,
      the writer of this article states that PCTs "reinforce each other
      and strengthen each other's resolve. They encourage each other to
      accept possibility as equal to probability, material experience as
      inferior to dreams, hallucinations, and out-of-body experiences,
      etc. They have no watchdog equivalent to I.F. Stone, and the mass
      media is too busy chasing tabloid rumors and celebrities to serve as
      a watchdog of anything. And since the PCTs function almost
      completely outside of the normal arenas where they would be
      challenged and forced to produce evidence in place of speculation,
      they flourish relatively unscathed . . . "

      From my own personal experience in trying to discuss the
      Illuminati/Power Elite theories with a couple of PCTs I know, it is
      impossible. If a person asks too many questions, request facts and
      proof, they attack and put you down. These individuals tell you to
      read a huge list of books, get involved in reading various internet
      websites, including Cassiopaea, David Icke, TRANCEformation of
      America, the Order of 300, etc. They seem to view themselves as
      knowing more than the general masses and exhibit a belief in their
      own higher enlightenment which they call higher awareness! Because
      they believe this so firmly, they will always consider those who
      are "inside the box" thinkers as being inferior and of a lower
      consciousness. I am glad I am doing my research on PCTs because it
      is helping me to better understand them and why we just can't be on
      the same page. It also explains why a balanced perspective will
      never be achieved on any site in which they participate. They must
      always come out on top in any discussion--if they can't convince
      you, they will drive you away! Websites that give them the freedom
      to post seem to become corrupted in a short period of time.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2005
        Hi Mish,

        I enjoyed your post and will have to investigate some of the sites
        you have listed. When I saw PCT (Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists) I
        also thought of PCP (angeldust) which is a street drug that causes
        people to trip out and become delusional. I guess these PCTs have a
        propensity that leads to their delusional experiences even without
        the PCP!

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2005
          I need to make one slight correction on my post here (well, one so
          far that I have noticed! : ) )

          Instead of the "Order of the 300," I meant "The Committee of 300," a
          book written by John Coleman. Sorry for the error!