Hi Prometheus:

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2005
      Now, here's an example of why reading
      and posting is a good thing. I
      knew that Betty and Mario lived in Canada but I didn't know Betty had
      some kind of
      leadership role in the HCS. Incidentally, how do you learn this
      stuff, like Betty's being a
      HCS rep., M.C.-ing at their "gatherings" and so on? You must be
      plugged into some
      interesting stuff yourself.
      I don't have an anti-T.V. or
      anti-internet bias and didn't mean to make
      that impression. I've watched T.V. for fifty years and still do. I
      was just trying to make the
      point about both T.V. and the "net" that "what you see, is what you
      get" and no one's
      obligated to believe any of it or to make a personal investment in it
      that may bring about
      for them feelings of hurt, umbrage, betrayal, or whatever.
      F. Johnson's book was a firebomb for
      Eckankar and I think his
      "uncovering" material is the best body of it in one place on the
      'net. But beyond that, I
      thought it was crazy, including his own point of view and his attempt
      to firebomb
      Christianity and the Surat/Shabda yogas. And consider the trigger for
      him blowing his own
      brains out so publicly all over the place - Graham Forsyth's journal.
      Now there's an
      unstable piece of information if I ever saw one. F.J. supposedly is
      readying a second book
      of his own for publication. I expect this will explain "where he's
      at" and where he's going,
      or intends to go. It's not something I'm interested in or any
      direction I want to go in, but
      I'll post where I see someone expressing an interesting point of view
      and I don't think
      everyone whose posted to his sites is nuts or a "Fordi". And they
      also aren't the only sites
      on the 'web, either. I suppose I was just trying to make the point as
      well not to necessarily
      try to find a "home" in a group on the outside or in cyberspace.
      Particularly in cyberspace
      where people use pseudonames, use a variety of pseudonames, cross
      post to themselves
      and others as a variety of personalities, personalities of different
      genders expressing
      different types of viewpoints, and all sorts of wild things.
      Best wishes,
      Leigh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2005
        Hi Leigh,

        Sorry that I got an anti-TV/Internet impression... I'm not sure how
        that happened. Yes, one has to use discernment when viewing or
        reading anything. I try to remember that I am viewing everything
        through "filters" that "color" everything I see or interpret. The
        awareness of these filters does shift my perspective.

        As far as Betty and Mario over on TS/HCS... yes I do hear things,
        and some eckie stuff from time to time too. I don't know if Ford is
        aware of the close association to the "TRANCEformation of America"
        fruitcakes with B&M. Mario especially, is definitely not a "Fordi."
        Ford's really too tame for these PCTs as Mish has defined them.

        In regard to Ford's points on Christianity and Sant Mat... I found
        his comments to be interesting and even brave. Ford merely pointed
        out some of the distortions of Religious Myth from a different
        perspective, and I appreciated this. As I've stated before Twitchell
        basically took Radasoami and Westernized it with some tweaking that
        established a mythological history in order to create a "living
        mastership" for himself. This is why the character of Rebazar was
        created. Other religions have distorted Truth as well, but over a
        longer period of time. This is why Paul "time traveled" (in his
        mind) to the past in order to give a historical validity to (his
        lies) the eck (eckankar) teachings.

        As far as Graham goes... I liked him at first, but the more I read
        the more delusional and out-of balance he sounded. I am now
        wondering just how delusional Phil Morimitsu is as well. I believe
        that L. Ron Hubbard had a Paranoid Personality Disorder which caused
        him to be delusional.

        As far as Ford goes... I'm not sure of his direction. My opinion has
        changed since he has established his "Umbrella Policy" to bring in
        all sorts of interests under the HCS NSP (New Spiritual Paradigm).
        It's too bad that some common sense and investigation into these
        interests (conspiracy cults) was overlooked or just not done for the
        sake of "freedom of thought." Or, was it permitted in order to draw
        in a greater quantity of members versus quality. Of course, this
        (quality factor) seems to be the problem with most all religions
        and "spiritual" organizations. It's certainly true with Eckankar!
        How can one establish a Truth Seeker site and permit Non-Truth
        Seekers? How can one establish a Higher Consciousness Society and
        permit conspiracy cultists to become members and even leaders? It's
        a contradiction in meaning! Anyway, we'll have to discuss Ford's new
        book when it comes out. That should be fun!

        On another note... on this site, as far as I know, there is no cross
        posting to ourselves. Some of us do use pseudonames, but part of
        this site's name is "Anonymous." This is because some people posting
        here still have links to people and groups that for various reasons
        we do not want revealed. It's a privacy thing, and is not being used
        to decieve. However, I can't speak for everyone who comes here as to
        what their motives are. Some caution, not to reveal too much, about
        ourselves is certainly needed. Therefore, real intimacy and openness
        (on any site or even in private emails) might prove to be somewhat
        elusive but not impossible.

        I enjoyed your comments.

        Take Care,
        Prometheus