How many EK publications are there today?

    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2014

      Hello All,

      I recently counted up all of the

      Klemp, Twitchell, and misc. ECK

      printed books, discourses, and

      H.I. procedure materials (dos

      and don'ts) that Klemp now

      offers and found 222 (in English).

      That's not counting CDs, DVDs,

      Video Tapes, Power Point presentations,

      downloads and foreign language

      materials, brochures, cards and

      jewelry.

      Most of these products have Klemp's

      name on them which means that he

      gets 50% of the royalties while Eckankar

      gets the remaining 50% on these items.

      Not a bad scheme is it... to get 50%!

      Prometheus

    • noneckchains

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6 4:25 AM
          The talk of eckankar books caused me to remember that a friend of mine who was fluent in German was asked to help translate some eck materials into German.  The request came from Minneapolis.  It seems if you are an eckist, nothing they ask of you should be considered an imposition on you.  Can  you imagine how time consuming translating would be?
           I have a German friend who came from Germany.  I learned a little about the differences between English and German.  Where as we have lots of words that can mean nearly the same thing, in German, they have single words that can mean lots of things with a slight variation in the ending.  Sometimes I ask him for a short translation and I am always amazed that the same word gets used a lot in a different context.
          Anyway, translating is tedious work for sure.  I feel so lucky that I never have to feel obligated to donate time to the org.  They were pretty pushy about inducting you into service.  Glad I didn't know German*:D big grin
          It was always my understanding that all the money went to Minneapolis but I had no idea that lem would be getting a large chunk of it.  Is that really the way it is?