RE: Hello from a survivor

  • ewickings
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2013

      Hi mirlynchong

      I too was brought into the teachings in the 70's (around 1972ish)... I was 12 almost 13 when I was exposed to this cult by my mother.

      This is the first time I have read from ESA in many years! I am not fond of the new yahoo groups format either! ;)

      My story can be found littered throughout the years in this ESA group... I don't care to elaborate on it here, other than, I believe there are many "mentally challenged" people that are or have been members / leaders of Eckankrap... I have been scanning some of the most recent posts here, and have to laugh about the Sept 2013 Wisdom Notes (is it still called that?)  There are far more individuals in this teaching that gravitate to it, because it explains the reasons behind some of their delusional experiences... I met many who are paranoid schizophrenics (I think a couple close family members of mine are!)

      I left this path a little over 10 years ago... was a 6th, ESA, and Clergy... omg  :)   I will share, that I probably stayed longer in the teachings due to the fear of karmic Eckankrap hell, and being disowned by a mother that is / was extremely abusive. Add delusional and higher than thou in the mix (a few mental illnesses thrown in there didn't help her).   I mean come on... you really have to be slightly off, to actually believe and swallow most of this teaching's nonsense!

      What happened to you  mirlynchong  is classic Eckankrap!  If you don't follow along like a sheeple, you will become an outcast! Luckily for you, your grandparents were wise enough in getting you the heck out of that mess... The problem with this teaching, and has always been (whether Klemp admits it or not)... they will and do isolate you from your family and friends... they do brainwash the members into thinking it is better to distance (disown) your family members / friends who are not sheeple within the teachings...  for most people with common sense, you can see the damage this does to an individual! Hopefully those who have experienced this cult, and have left, are / were the strong ones, who had their own inner and outer awareness not dictated by fake masters... those ex members who are now following their own path... and not following someone who suffers from narcissism  /  megalomania / paranoid schizophrenia and a pathological liar!  :)

      ~ Liz

      ---In eckankarsurvivorsanonymous@yahoogroups.com, <mirlynchong@...> wrote:

      hello. I have ben reding texts for awhile. I don't know if I qualify for this group, but allow me to relate my story and allow the group to decide. My mother was a free spirit in the sixties and it was quite a tumultuous time to be her child. we spent a good deal of time with the Krishna Consciousness group until mom found this amazing new path around 1976. she called it eckankar. Gone were the posters of Krishna and Ganapati. In their place was phtos of Paul twitchell and Darwin Gross. Mom and her husband kept talking about the mahanta and pressed me to read the tigers fang in the second grade. I was supposed to chant "hu" although no one explained why. They bought into some vitamin program called sun a su that the organization supported. both mom and her ex rambled on about Rebazar tariz and Paul Twitchell alot. It was quite confusing to me. When my mother got into Eck really seriously, she connected with other members in the area. they would talk for hours and it totally made no sense to me. Mom and her husband started hitting all the local seminars and became very enmeshed in the Eckankar of the mid seventies and I learned to hate Darwin Gross. At the point that they were at their most active with eckacar, my grandparents became concerned. they began to ask questions and wanted sincere answers. my mom only gave platitudes. this was around the time of Jim Jones and Jonestown, so my grandparents were extremely concerned. they asked me a myriad of questions and I could really answer very little. As soon as my grandparents began to intervene, my mother and her ex consulted and older member of eck. she told them that I had been very evil in a past life and had to burn off a lot of Karma. she made it clear I was less than good. My younger brother became a eckacar prodigy. he even sat on gross's lap and sang him a song at one conference. I was totally excluded from anything eck oriented from that point on. mother in her husband became secretive and kept to themselves. I was not permitted to read anything eck or listen to their recordings of their leaders. they eventually gave up my custody to my grandparents and I hadf little to do with them until Harold Klemp took over. that is when they left eck. My aunt is still firmly involved in eckancar, and my family has never healed from the years of dealing with these shams and false prophits I became ostracized because they couldnt escape my grandparents inquiries. I have read the books my mother held so dear. tigers fang and letters to gayle come to mind. the whole eckancar experience ruined my family. We have not healed from the damage this group caused us in the seventies. I am amazed these con men have gone on as long as they have. I saw an ad for eckancar on the television the other week. It totally made me sad.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2013

        Hello Liz,

        Nice hearing from you

        again. Yes, I'm still here